URGENT Free £100 Loophole discussion: MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options
This thread is specifically to discuss the Quick, Free Cash, If You're Prepared To Play article.

To read the article: click here.

To discuss or ask a question about this article: Click the reply button

IMPORTANT NOTE

Well, it took less than 24 hours after the tip sent for them to get rid of this bonus - we've just received confirmation that it has been withdrawn this morning.

In that time over 50,000 people read the article. If it was £100 each, and half actually did it thats a cost of £2,500,000 and we managed to close down a bribe to a poor current account at the same time. Consumer Revenge at its finest. I hope you managed to get it in time, if not, better luck next time!

martin
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• JenHen
    JenHen Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I've been trying for the last three days to apply for the Barclays bank account online by clicking on the £100 offer link from the Barclays.co.uk homepage. The second page eventually comes up, with an introduction to the offer and the terms and conditions, but when I then click on the 'apply now' link, it comes up with an error message saying that my browser was unable to access the page. The strange thing is that the bar at the bottom of the screen says 'done' as soon as I click on it (it would normally say 'opening page' for a while) but the page itself is blank for about 30 seconds or so, then the error message comes up. It does this every time and I've tried countless times. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have no problems accessing any other web pages.

Please could someone cut and paste the correct link into a reply to this post? The link I need is NOT the one from the Barclays homepage but the one after that, which presumably is the online form to apply for the account.

Thanks!

JenHen
  • cadboll
    cadboll Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Official insert:

Hi. The link posted below and the one in the article both work and there's no difference between them except that the one in the article helps the site, so if you could use that one, that would be great.

Hi.

Try this one.

https://www.barclaysbankaccountapply.co.uk/
  • Discogod
    Discogod Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haha, beat me by a minute! i was about to post that :)
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The online application process for this offer is not currently working. Barclays tell me they are aware of the problem.

Do not be tempted into applying over the phone or at a branch as the £100 cahback does not then apply.
  • fatboyonadiet
    Options
    I just filled in all the steps and just before step 8 when I was due to confirm it jumped back to the first page - hope they haven't closed it already.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Hi folks,

I've just tested this out and seems fine. Have you tried using the link in the article?

I got through the "apply now link", answered the questions and got through to step 2. Does the problem you are having occur before or after this?
    Former MSE team member
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    hi, i applied online using the link in the article however....
    it took me eight attempts to ge through it as it kept throwing me back to the first page. It was very annoying as I had to keep typing in all the pages of required info again and again. Got there in the end tho - fingers crossed the £100 comes good as it has taken me an hour to apply!
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • Lotta_Littlies
    Options
    I managed to apply at around 11.30am today. The first time it timed out on page 4 but worked fine all the way through and managed to get my application in on the second time of trying. Perhaps it's the rush of MSE's going for a bite of the cherry?!

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • garethp_2
    Options
    Do you have to change all your DD's over as well or just open a new account?
  • cadboll
    cadboll Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    All you have to do is open an account and 'deposit' £1000 for 2 months in a row. Basically put £1,000 in the account, wait until you see it actually in the account and then take it back out again. Do this for 2 months in a row, get your £100, then close the account!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure