We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debate House Prices


In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Anyone getting stocked up on food etc just in case?

1…1112141617…70

Comments

  • treliac
    treliac Posts: 4,524 Forumite
    mewbie wrote: »
    And before you all start licking car windows, check to see if the taps still working, you never know.

    And make sure a flock of birds haven't flown over the car.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'm glad I started this thread now.

    I can't believe how many posts have been made in such a short time.

    It's kept me entertained reading them all.

    :D

    No doubt there will be a few more entertainig posts to read when I log in again tomorrow.

    ;)

    :beer:
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Don't you mean trying to steal Dopester for mum to make into casserole???:rotfl::rotfl:

    Make sure Mum doesn't use the liver!

    Am I really so sad that I am on an internet forum at half twelve in the morning advising people what parts of other people are best left uneaten?

    Yes, it would appear that I am:rolleyes:
  • treliac wrote: »
    And make sure a flock of birds haven't flown over the car.

    It's ok, Birds eat berries...it's a vegetable.

    p.s. If I stockpile chocolate covered raisins will they count as two of my five a day ?.

    A x
    Don't believe everything you think.

    Blessed are the cracked...for they are the ones who let in the light. A x
  • Zelie
    Zelie Posts: 773 Forumite
    Yes they will. And birds also eat seeds and nuts so one sparrow counts as three pieces of fruit.
  • treliac
    treliac Posts: 4,524 Forumite
    Make sure Mum doesn't use the liver!

    Am I really so sad that I am on an internet forum at half twelve in the morning advising people what parts of other people are best left uneaten?

    Yes, it would appear that I am:rolleyes:


    If you eat Dopester I won't get so many thanks. :(
  • Zelie
    Zelie Posts: 773 Forumite
    treliac wrote: »
    If you eat Dopester I won't get so many thanks. :(
    But think how many vegetables you'd consume if you did!
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    treliac wrote: »
    If you eat Dopester I won't get so many thanks. :(
    Dopester is quite safe with me as I am a veggie :D

    (If I were Dopester I would stear clear of Elisebutt, though....between you and me I think she was a bit quick to suggest Dopester casserole!)
  • treliac
    treliac Posts: 4,524 Forumite
    Dopester is quite safe with me as I am a veggie :D

    So am I (well not quite, I eat fish - but I don't think Dopester's a fish).

    Anyway Zelie thinks he's vegetable.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    I have always had a war store with a few days food, generator,$1000 and a HF radio.It will be the unexpected that comes along,bird flu, power workers on strike etc etc.
    I once worked at a place with a standby generator and the boss was nervous about only having one so a second was installed. The day came when the mains failed the first generator auto started then blew up taking the second generator out.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.