We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Gardening Express

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As I've said before:
    There's a more recent thread than this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5460279

If you go to it, you can visit their premises, courtesy of Street View. Follow the road from their rear entrance to their front one and you'll maybe spot some of their staff.

Then compare with their slick web site and make up your own mind.

If people spent one minute Googling 'Gardening Express Reviews' before finalising their order, they'd find this thread (and others) on the first page.

It's called due diligence.
  • arpmatias
    Options
    This is a terrible company, don’t buy from them.
    1. Ordered a tree with the following description “ This is a fantastic, magnificent 5-6ft tall tree delivered in beautiful bud and bursting in to bloom in season.”
    2. Arrived looking completely bare. There was a single photo of how exactly you will receive the tree.
    3 the product only had photos of trees in full Bloom. I wasn’t expecting a full bloom tree but a tree with some blossom as Described. I received a bare tree
    4 ask for a refund but they refused and told me to return it at my own cost.
    never again! Disgraceful!!
  • evansga57
    Options
    Hi ordered 9 items from gardening express 18 days ago so far only one broken plant has arrived  emailed them they have replied and said that they have raised a ticket we don't want a  ticket we want our plants in good condition or our £67 back
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Davesnave said:
    arpmatias said:
    If you didn't Google and check the company out, what makes you think others will heed your advice? At MSE we've had 2 threads running on this company for years.
    I'm really only replying to keep this on the front page, where it might do some good at a time of year when gardening virgins begin to become active!

Agree, due diligence is most definately needed with this company.

I've probably commented, previously, on both now but to potential gardening Express customers - this is not the best of companies to buy from; due diligence is a must because their goods, service, and after service is poor at best. :#  

I gave this company the benefit of the doubt 3 times, each with several years inbetween, and their poor performance has never improved.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you Google Earth Aerial and Street View, you'll notice their enterprise has grown significantly in the last few years, probably on the back of profits made from the sales raised by a slick web site. Theoretically, with proper facilities in place their service ought to have improved.....but we all know about theories!
  • Gonna-be-debt-free
    Options
    Bumping this thread, since I nearly got tempted by the offer in the MSE email, but in doing my due diligence stumbled upon this thread.  I don't think I'll risk it!
  • The_Warned
    The_Warned Posts: 39 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why not phone local nurseries? Some are doing deals for locals, with distanced collection possible. One of mine is even delivering larger orders locally. It's either that or bin the plants in many cases.
  • Gonna-be-debt-free
    Options
    Why not phone local nurseries? Some are doing deals for locals, with distanced collection possible. One of mine is even delivering larger orders locally. It's either that or bin the plants in many cases.
    Closest local nursery to me is 30 miles away.  Not sure that would count as essential travel unfortunately :(  
    I did manage to get some geraniums with my click-and-collect groceries :)  
  • sand_hun
    sand_hun Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Catsacor said:
    Davesnave said:
    arpmatias said:
    If you didn't Google and check the company out, what makes you think others will heed your advice? At MSE we've had 2 threads running on this company for years.
    I'm really only replying to keep this on the front page, where it might do some good at a time of year when gardening virgins begin to become active!

Agree, due diligence is most definately needed with this company.

I've probably commented, previously, on both now but to potential gardening Express customers - this is not the best of companies to buy from; due diligence is a must because their goods, service, and after service is poor at best. :#  

I gave this company the benefit of the doubt 3 times, each with several years inbetween, and their poor performance has never improved.
    I aired similar concerns about this company on another thread but was told by a well known member of the forum that I should not worry because there's a global pandemic. So apparently, because of Covid-19 we're no longer allowed to express annoyance at anything other than the virus.  

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6136781/gardening-express#latest

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback