New Post Advanced Search

GARDENING EXPRESS

31 replies 4.8K views
MumofOne09MumofOne09 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
 :/ I unfortunately made the mistake of ordering from this company without researching previous online reviews. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this:?
Order made 12/04 £108. Website at the time stated 3/5 days which I didn't expect to be fulfilled and was prepared to wait longer but now 30/04 and still no plants. There is no contact number, they aren't responding to emails AND they've now shut down the Customer Service Ticket procedures and therefore there is literally NO WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH GARDENING EXPRESS. I have used RESOLVER to raise a complaint but received an automated response apologising for delay and attempting to close the case as response received. I will now have to attempt to get the money back through my bank.
Please avoid this company.

Replies

• edited 30 April 2020 at 11:59PM
    hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 April 2020 at 11:59PM
    Give them a break.The bad reviews, including the one left by you, are since the Covid outbreak. We should be supporting businesses not leaving them meaningless slatings! "If your query relates to delivery Please allow 15 days after ordering before you raise this type of query. We pick, pack and dispatch in excess of 10,000 orders every week during peak times. The nature of the product (i.e. live plants) is not the same as for dry goods (i.e. a product pre-boxed which just needs to be picked from a shelf). Every order we receive is different, and can consist of many plants. Each plant is hand-selected, has to be hand-cleaned and prepared for dispatch, is hand wrapped/packed, before dispatch. As this is such a manual process unfortunately it does all take time so we do appreciate your patience when it comes to receiving your order." You order from a gardening company( they are all under severe strain) during lockdown.. then are surprised..Go to the likes of b & m stores or another hardware gardening co and collect.
  • NotcoveringthegreyNotcoveringthegrey Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    cymruchris Shame you didn't calculate days correctly. Days ordered until time MumofOne wrote her post = 18.
    Gardening Express, in the piece you cut and pasted, state 'extend up until 15 days'. That's a three day shortfall.
    Yes. I've just joined as well. No surprises that I looked for Gardening Express threads as I ordered on 8th April. I have received no communication from them to explain why 4 weeks and 2 days later I am still waiting. I have literally pleaded with them.
    MSE has not been my first recourse by any means. I have emailed. I have messaged. I have completed 3 of their 'tickets'. I have joined others on Facebook. I have tweeted. I have read Trustpilot but do not wish to leave a review as I am hoping that Gardening Express will fulfil our 'contract' or refund my money. I feel a certain reticence to comment prior to 'the end'. I am trying to be fair.
    My advice to people thinking of ordering with Gardening Express at the moment, would be DON'T. Watch Trustpilot and their Facebook page until you read majority positivity. Be careful with the FB page, comments disapear!
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    18.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% thanks for the above comment .
  • sand_hunsand_hun Forumite
    74 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Judging by this company's mentions on Twitter (@gardeningexpres) there are a LOT of angry customers out there. Mostly people seem to be irked about the fact the company are continuing to promote themselves (daily digests and responding only to the handful of people who praise them) and take new orders despite an enormous backlog and a total lack of communication with customers who are awaiting orders.

Personally, I ordered from them on April 5th at which point it said delivery would be 10-15 days. I raised a couple of support tickets on their website to chase, but heard nothing back. Eventually I called my bank to dispute the payment and have been issued a provisional refund. Just now, I have received an e-mail from Gardening Express to say my order is with the courier (Hermes). Unfortunately there's no way of contacting Gardening Express or Hermes to stop the order from shipping.

Do I let them deliver and then reject the order on the doorstep? Some people have reported receiving items after about 4 weeks and saying the products were dead/in a poor state. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    sand_hun said:
    Judging by this company's mentions on Twitter there are a LOT of angry customers out there. 
    A lot of people are also doubtless "angry" that the global pandemic has deprived them of their livelihood or, worse, of family and friends. :(

Perspective. 

As you've already drawn a refund from your Bank I suggest you refuse delivery of your flowers, otherwise get the bank to reverse the chargeback.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    18.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In todays paper they said they are overwhelmed with orders but will fulfil them all .
  • sand_hunsand_hun Forumite
    74 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    sand_hun said:
    Judging by this company's mentions on Twitter there are a LOT of angry customers out there. 
    A lot of people are also doubtless "angry" that the global pandemic has deprived them of their livelihood or, worse, of family and friends. :(

Perspective. 

As you've already drawn a refund from your Bank I suggest you refuse delivery of your flowers, otherwise get the bank to reverse the chargeback.

Yes, fully aware there's a global pandemic, thanks. Believe it or not, it is possible to be both remorseful about the current situation and also angry about other things at the same time. The fact of the matter is, customers would have been a lot more understanding of Gardening Express's predicament had they made the effort to respond to support tickets. Instead, they focused on processing new orders, sending out promotional tweets and very selectively highlighting the few snippets of praise that has been sent their way, all whilst ignoring thousands of customers who have already paid. Had they managed expectations of existing customers instead of purely thinking maximising profits they wouldn't have got into this mess.