GARDENING EXPRESS

Comments

• sand_hun
    sand_hun Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    @KatrinaWaves, you suggest that promotional Tweets are automated - then how do you explain the fact Gardening Express are actively thanking, retweeting and acknowledging the handful of favourable messages but ignoring ALL other messages? Clearly to do so requires human intervention. I invite those in doubt to look on their timeline and judge for yourselves. 

I think they should have temporarily have ceased processing new orders and instead focused on serving customers who have already paid, i.e. by responding to support tickets to manage their expectations. 

Yes, I'm concerned about social injustice, I'm concerned that our NHS has been underfunded for 10 years and that front line workers have effectively been led to slaughter by our inept Government. I'm concerned for my loved ones, about finances and for others who are suffering right now. However, despite all that I am also allowed to express annoyance at other things - is that really so difficult for you to understand? 

Bear in mind this is a forum where people come for advice on financial matters. Many people have parted with hundreds of pounds of their hard earned money for gardening products / plants - and given the current financial uncertainty it's even more important that people receive what they have paid for.  Some of those who have received their plants reported them being dead upon arrival, but hey, you can carry on blindly supporting Gardening Express if it makes you feel better. 

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanking people is not a promotional tweet. That’s why I specified promotional tweets. 

I am not supporting GE anymore than I am any other company. You will get your items or your money, but it might not be soon. The Financial uncertainty of Covid-19 does not make it ‘even more important’ that people get their plants. 
  • sand_hun
    They're also posting promotional tweets. Perhaps you ought to have researched the matter before jumping to baseless conclusions. 

The financial uncertainty of Covid-19 means that people are more concerned about their finances - many have spent hundreds of pounds with this company and there are fears that they won't get what they paid for. Here's a selection of Tweets from the last 24 hours or so. 

• KatrinaWaves
    If you are concerned about your finances, don’t spend ‘hundreds’ on plants. Easy. There being a global pandemic does not mean spending hundreds of pounds on plants suddenly becomes something that puts your finances into dire straits. 

Yes that is a lot of complaints. Again, I am sure people will get their money back in good time.  Again, there are more important things to worry about. People will have credit and debit card protection. 

• sand_hun
    edited 11 May 2020 at 6:19PM
    Personally I didn't spend hundreds, however many others have. It sounds as if your life has gone entirely on hold during this pandemic. However, for many others, life goes on. Some people want to spend their time doing things that are productive and therapeutic such as gardening - and that's up to them. You can sit here all day judging others and trying to defend Gardening Express, but ultimately it's not up to you to dictate how others should feel - or how they spend their money. 

• KatrinaWaves
    I’m not trying to dictate. I’m saying get some perspective. How lovely that you want to do your gardening and ‘life goes on’ but when for 31000 and counting people life certainly isn’t going on, I’ll happily sit and not worry much about plants. 
  • sand_hun
    @KatrinaWaves Again, it's not up to you to police what people worry about. Yes, there's a global pandemic but it doesn't mean we're not allowed to express annoyance at other things.

It's worth noting, you're in part of a forum entitled 'praise, vent and warnings' - what did you expect? Maybe you think everyone should curl into a ball of fear like you have and stop living. But some of us would rather use the time we have during lockdown in more productive ways. Yes it may only be garden supplies and plants but those things cost money and we're entitled to express dissatisfaction at a company that has profited enormously whilst treating customers appallingly. 

Whether people garden or not, there will still be 31,000+ deaths from Covid. Try to get some perspective. 

• KatrinaWaves
    Yes I need perspective, being worried about safety and people’s lives, when I should be concerned about the dead petunias that haven’t been posted to me yet.
  • sand_hun
    It is possible to be simultaneously concerned about people's lives but also have concern for other matters. Shame that's so hard for you to grasp. If you're so worried about this pandemic why are you spending so much time bickering with strangers on the Internet?
  • KatrinaWaves
    sand_hun said:
    It is possible to be simultaneously concerned about people's lives but also have concern for other matters. Shame that's so hard for you to grasp. If you're so worried about this pandemic why are you spending so much time bickering with strangers on the Internet?
    It stops me complaining to companies on Twitter. It’s for the greater good. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback