Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

Options

Comments

• 3tabbycats
    Options
    Some fab ideas mentioned already, I fancy having a go at a sweet bouquet next year, they look amazing, think i'll need plenty of practice first tho! I did some last minute table decorations this year using the Activia thick & creamy yoghurt pots covered in tissue paper, tied with curling ribbon & filled with sweets..

Like this:
    100_0785.jpg
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    3tabbycats wrote: »
    Some fab ideas mentioned already, I fancy having a go at a sweet bouquet next year, they look amazing, think i'll need plenty of practice first tho! I did some last minute table decorations this year using the Activia thick & creamy yoghurt pots covered in tissue paper, tied with curling ribbon & filled with sweets..

Like this:
    100_0785.jpg

I did a similar thing with 3 chocolate coins in gold tissue paper stack and put into a gold starry favour bag.
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • greenpixey
    greenpixey Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Im thinking x stitch and knitted -I started making little knitted stockings -but never got finished -so I will be carrying on with those too..
    :T
    I made these this year. Do you have any different patterns?
    http://www.jeangreenhowe.com/Images/Mini%20Christmas%20Stocking%20amended.pdf
    http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free_knitting_patterns/2007/06/knitted_mini_ch.html

Loads of great ideas on this thread. I just done a new folder in my bookmarks to keep all the links for Christmas craft, that way I know I will find them all :D
    I had a sewing machine for Christmas this year and I know it will come to a lot of use.
  • cookiedough38
    Options
    I am not sure I am going to keep up with this thread! My hampers were well recieved this year but there are lots of themes that I havent tried out yet so I will be doing them in 2009!
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    I cant wait to try out new things for 2009 i loved doing the snowman soup this year and thats one thing i will be doing again
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    sazzyb wrote: »
    I went down the comedy craft theme this year and want to better it next year...not so crafty I know but several relatives found the wrapped up loo rolls hilarious along with the jars of nothing and the pots of gold. Really need to better these for next year!!

Can i ask what the loo rolls idea was
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Toonie wrote: »
    I did however use stronger wire as I felt that 28 gauge was too thin. I hung these on illusion thread and had them at different lengths around my fireplace.
    What a fab idea, I think I'll try these for next Christmas. What gauge wire did you use and have you any pix of finished snowflakes please.
    We have a glass front door and they would look lovely hanging there, I've just used baubles this year
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emay wrote: »
    I'm (hopefully) going to be making Christmas organisers for next year.
    I'm going to try making chutnies & jams and if they work ok will be giving those as pressies, everyone was impressed with my Nigella mince pies so I may make a huge batch and give those out next year, as well as mini christmas cakes.
    I also have a huge bead stash so may make some jewellery too.
    I made some canvases to display my cards on, which people liked, but they also look good just as wall hangings so may try those too.

I'm also gonna set up an etsy store so I can see before Christmas how things go (ie if they don't sell, I won't be giving as pressies unless I know someone really wants it!)

I also made Nigellas cranberry mince pies and everyone loved them. I gave them in small fancy tins I had bought for 20p each. I lined each tin with tissue, put in a couple of mince pies with a knob of Nigellas brandy butter wrapped in greaseproof paper. First time I have ever done anthing like that and I was surprised at how much they were enjoyed and commented on.
    I intend to make a lot more food to give as presents next year.
    I can recommend Nigellas recipe for peanut butter and chocolate in tiny gold cake cases. They would make a lovely gift.

I also intend to bake a few small Christmas cakes as presents as I did a few this year and again was delighted with the comments.

I have never baked before this year, at the age of 42 never thought I would.
    Have even inspired a few of my family and friends to start baking.
    It is worth hiring Nigellas Christmas book from the Library (I bought it for £8.00), she tells you how far in advance you can make and freeze things to be even more prepared.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi green Pixie

I have done some of the stockings below, and the little wreathes...oh and I tried a little snowman and soldier;

The top 2 pics are from the pattern if you want any instructions PMing
    the stockings I did on different sized needles so they will balance better -

dollspm2.th.jpg
    patternpicus8.th.png
    stocking2ke6.th.jpg
    soldierxi9.th.jpg

Im also doing some simple little red kniting at the moment -the idea is to turn them into little sacks -which I think would be great hung on a little line to make advent calenders;)
    Im not sure how Im going to fit all the pressie making, decoration making and veggie growing in :rotfl:so I must keep on here and keep focused :p
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    bluenose1 wrote: »
    I have never baked before this year, at the age of 42 never thought I would.
    Have even inspired a few of my family and friends to start baking.
    It is worth hiring Nigellas Christmas book from the Library (I bought it for £8.00), she tells you how far in advance you can make and freeze things to be even more prepared.

Need to see if anywhere is still selling Nigella cheap, had it at the top of my list but everyone obviously thinks I have enough cookery books:confused: The ones I made where frangipan(?sp?) topped ones from the domestic goddess book
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure