Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    I've been searching for a thread on gifts for the last few days on the OS board and finally thought to venture over here so thanks folks :T

I cross stitch, knit, machine sew & ocassionally make bits of jewellery so I'm looking forward to picking up lots of ideas here. I'll post with progress as I go :D I'm currently using the christmas hols to finish a cross stitch that I started my ds last summer, that has got neglected with me following the flylady thread, cooking up a storm for the freezer & everyday life ;) I enjoy doing it though as it makes me sit down for a couple of hours.

I have got the material sorted to make my mum & MIL some oven pads each & maybe a matching apron. I've done these before & they were very well received & very well used.

Happy crafting all!
  • bellsbells
    Options
    I am certain some of you will have come across this site before, but just in case.....

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/

It has some wonderful ideas on there - I especially like their 30 ideas to make in November ready for Christmas pressies. Called 'Handmade Holidays 2008' there is also one for 2007. Look down the right hand side to find the link.

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    bellsbells wrote: »
    I am certain some of you will have come across this site before, but just in case.....

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/

It has some wonderful ideas on there - I especially like their 30 ideas to make in November ready for Christmas pressies. Called 'Handmade Holidays 2008' there is also one for 2007. Look down the right hand side to find the link.

Thanks that's brilliant I'll have a good look later today :T
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi guys, going to be joining you for 2009 if that's ok :D I made lots of bits and bobs for this xmas, started in the summer but didn't really make as much as I'd have liked so if I start now I should have the time :j

Some of the things I made this year:
    pots of gold
    snowman soup
    boxes of handmade cards
    bath salts
    cross stitched coasters
    cross stitched framed picture
    jars of facts
    balls of life
    little box of hugs
    handprints on a canvas
    no-sew blankets
    decorated a mug with outliner pen
    flannel cupcakes
    flannel reindeer
    door hangers
    photo calendars
    photo baubles
    blackboard hearts - MDF shapes painted with blackboard paint and hung with ribbon
    journal jars
    muffin and biscuit mixes in jars
    retro sweet boxes and jars
    scrapbook
    survival kits
    craft kits for children - raided my stash of card and paper and added some glitter, glue, pipecleaners, felt tips...
    kiddie cupcake making kit - cake making ingredients in a mixing bowl

Things I've got on my list to make for 2009:
    lots of cross stitch things :D
    mulled wine set - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2921/mulled-wine-kit
    teabag & poem - http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1602
    sweetie bouquets - probably make these for birthdays rather than xmas
    advent hamper

Look forward to finding out what you're all planning, ooohhh it's so exciting :D:D:D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac - you were busy..........hadn't realised you'd done so much. Must jot a few of those ideas down. I made a start with a list yesterday but didn't get very far.
    Must admit I was a bit chuffed when my youngest son said he hadn't realised I'd made the yule log, cup cake for his girlfriend and his little shoe fresheners..........lol He thought I'd bought them:rotfl:
    Oldest son laughed and called me a 'nutter'.....................lol

Love the idea of covering a journal with fabric.........in fact, I'm re-vamping all my photo albums come new year........might have a try with one of those and see how it works out.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I managed a few things this year. I made several simple necklaces with large wooden beads from my stash and bought some lovely suede cord for them.

I bought some cheap mugs that had marshmallows in and added some hot chocolate and a mix of sweeties to give as hot chocolate sets.

For St Nicholas I bought some cello cones and filled these full of sweeties to give to my sisters, but I have lots of cones leftover, so may use these next Christmas as well.

I also plan to do some photo frames and possibly a few decorated journals or diaries for next year. Then, will hopefully manage some more jewellery and beaded bookmarks.

One thing I am going to try is to make some Christmas decorations to give to people as presents, so will be putting my beading skills to the test.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Im glad there are folks going to be having a go at making decorations, as I plan to make all new decs for the xmas tree -so I will be looking at all your ideas ;)
    Im thinking x stitch and knitted -I started making little knitted stockings -but never got finished -so I will be carrying on with those too..
    Not sure how Im going to find time for everything :p -but at least I have made a start:T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join this thread please!! I'm quite pleased in what I've managed to make this year thanks to this forum so I guess we will all be organised for 2009!!!
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Wow rainmac , so many things!

Can any one help me out here - What are sweetie bouquets?

Poppy x
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wow rainmac , so many things!

Can any one help me out here - What are sweetie bouquets?

Poppy x

Sorry ;) There are some pics on the retro sweets thread. Tubes/bars of sweets arranged to look like a bouquet of flowers in a vase. They are really effective... this is a fab one... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=296799&page=23&highlight=retro+sweets post 452.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport