Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

Options

Comments

• eve_1979
    Options
    How about Sock Monkeys - they have gone down a storm at my work!

Here are the instructions - you can theme them by using christmas pattern socks and buttons! And for those relatives or friends who own a car - buy some of the suction pads and sew them onto the arms and they can put them in the car - again theme it to the colour of their car!

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1104

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all!

x x x
    Eve

:rotfl:

In need of saving money!
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to hang my head in shame as I bought the stuff for various projects this year but didn't do most of them!!

I have enough for 3 no sew blankets, about 10 reindeer flannels, about 8 cupcake flannels, several fluffy sock muffins and that's just for starters so i am determined to only buy what i willactually make if that makes sense and will be doing all these this year!!

Looking forward to seeing what you're all up to!
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    passionate-knitter.jpg

Check out these dolls at AK traditions... http://www.aktraditions.com/assets/pdf/ak_ClassicKnittedDolls.pdf these wil be made for my grandaughters. I bought a kit at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching show in November. They aren't cheap but they are so generous with what you get for your money. Kit cost £60 ssshhhh don't tell DH, but I got plenty of yarn, pattern book for doll which included 3 outfit patterns then they let me choose 8 outfit patterns extra and 5 sewing patterns for outfits. I had 2 little grandaughters so far and as all my children, 4, want large families of 4 or more children then hopefully there will be other little girls in time. The kit was my present to me. I have never been to this show before so I decided that I would treat myself.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    The thing is furrypig the bits you bought can wait until you have time to make them up. I find once I get going I create loads of things in one go and then have a rest. Sometimes I just spend days gathering ideas and get excited about making things but never actually get round to making some of them!
    I`m hoping some fab new ideas pop up for 2009. I often find the simple ideas go down really well.

I`m thinking along the lines of creating games - after playing a few games of dominos today with my hubby and really enjoying such a simple game that it would be a lovely gift to make for someone and my idea was to make your own dominos using small wood blocks, painted with acrylic non -toxic paints in pinks and lemons for girls with hot fix crystals for the dots or even just using white paints for the dots. Boys could have blue blocks with football dots. I appreciate it may take a long time to do but I reckon it would be worthwhile. To package the domino blocks use a brown paper lunch bag (with gusset bottom or a mini jute bag, pop a few simple instructions in the bag and add a luggage label tag.

Princess x
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    I intend to start any 'crafty' stuff a bit earlier next year. Made a list of who had what this year to make sure I don't give them the same again and there's one or two bits I meant to do but didn't get around to like the cobweb chaser (just agardening glove -stuff the fingers with cotton wool, pop it on a pole and tie the wrist with ribbon.)
    Made a journal for myself and I'm so pleased with it I think I'll do a few of them as well.
    Pickled boobs - did pickled bums this year for grandson......so that has to be next............and more door hangers

Hi I am keen to make some journals?? not sure how to do it. I want them to be christmas day journals for my grandchildren and would like them covered in a nice fabric that will last for years to come so that their christmas days can be recorded. have you any links or photos for what you have done as I have not much of a clue as to where to start, want to provide opportunity for some photos to be put in each year. Thanks
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Hey the more the merrier, get the ideas flowing- my Mum and Mum-in-law would love the cobweb chaser Mary- it would be a real giggle for them as they are both fanatical about tidying and having their houses spotless!
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    If you are wanting to make fabric journals I would use some wadding under the material on the cover to give it some padding that should hopefully make the journal last a long time.

Also it depends if you are planning to make a material journal or a paper one... If you would like to make a material journal then felt is probably best for the pages as its stong stuff although it does go bobbly if messed around with.

If you want to make a paper journal but with a material cover then paperchase do some great blank books and albums to decorate for around £4 each.

Poppy x
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    Liking the sound of this :j

This is the one I am going to have a go at;

http://www.sewmuch4retirement.com/projects/gingerbreadman/gingerbread.html
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    http://lifespecialmoments.blogspot.com/2005/11/gingerbread-man-terra-cotta-pot.html

This is just too cute and would be great for gingerbread enthusiasts
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family