Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

Options

Comments

• sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    How about a knitted mug cosy, now winter's set in and we need our hot drinks to stay hot
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lucylema wrote: »
    I would love to be crafty for christmas 2009 = what could I start making now?

Flannel reindeers?

Any needlework projects.

If you aren't into sewing etc then you can at least start getting the craft items ready for whatever you are making as that will help spread the cost.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Ok I`ve got so many ideas running around for crafts for 2009. I would like to hand make things for people that man something.

A few ideas I am planning to do are:-

Half aprons, made from Cath Kidston fabric and embellished with cupcakes and sequins then edged with co ordinatin frill and satin ribbon tie - these will be for my Mum and hubby`s Mum.

Mosaic photo frames - made from shades of pink tile chips - for my sister.

I`m also planning on making up pink themed hampers for my sister and best friend, there is a seller on ebay that sells eveything pink and there are some great things on there.

I`m planning on creating a few towel cakes and also a kitchen cake - using tea towels and kitchen utensils.

I love anything gingerbread man based too - I have a lovely cross stitch template to make some bookmarks up.

I`m also planning to make up a rag doll - I have a pattern from a crafts mag and it has patterns to make a few outfits for the doll too.

I plan on creating a family recipes book for my Mum using blank - ready to decorate books from paperchase and scrapbooking with handwritten recipes on each page. I`m going to also put some snaps of my family in amongst the pages too with everyones favourites.

Poppy x
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to learn to knit this year.... hopefully. So someone is getting something knitted!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    Ok I`ve got so many ideas running around for crafts for 2009. I would like to hand make things for people that man something.

A few ideas I am planning to do are:-

Half aprons, made from Cath Kidston fabric and embellished with cupcakes and sequins then edged with co ordinatin frill and satin ribbon tie - these will be for my Mum and hubby`s Mum.

Mosaic photo frames - made from shades of pink tile chips - for my sister.

I`m also planning on making up pink themed hampers for my sister and best friend, there is a seller on ebay that sells eveything pink and there are some great things on there.

I`m planning on creating a few towel cakes and also a kitchen cake - using tea towels and kitchen utensils.

I love anything gingerbread man based too - I have a lovely cross stitch template to make some bookmarks up.

I`m also planning to make up a rag doll - I have a pattern from a crafts mag and it has patterns to make a few outfits for the doll too.

I plan on creating a family recipes book for my Mum using blank - ready to decorate books from paperchase and scrapbooking with handwritten recipes on each page. I`m going to also put some snaps of my family in amongst the pages too with everyones favourites.

Poppy x

I saw a pattern online for gingerbread man rice bag - will see if i can find it but easy enough to do your own template anyway.:D
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Cant wait to get started---- everyone sooooooooooooo loved the sock monkeys even 29 ds !!!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Happy-Rags
    Options
    What a great idea to start now :T I'm going to have a go at starting to make things, will report back (probably in several months :rotfl: ). I'm currently making doll clothes for my dolls, with the aim of getting good enough to sell them to other doll collectors but when I've finished my current project (pj's for a dolly pj party :o) I'll get making for my sister's birthday in November :A
    Grocery challenge:D
    O/S Weight Loss Lost so far - 0 st 0 lb :T
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    sophiesmum wrote: »
    I saw a pattern online for gingerbread man rice bag - will see if i can find it but easy enough to do your own template anyway.:D

Liking the sound of this :j
  • vickyjayne
    Options
    if you dont mind i think i will join you all this year, give me more pleasure knowing i have made gifts myself
    :T started comping 2009:T
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hoping to get round to a few bits of jewelry for christmas hampers next christmas.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure