Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

Options

Comments

• princesspoppypop
    Options
    Some great recipe gift ideas on the goodfood website thanks rainmac!
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Those look fab!

2952.jpg
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    These are some of the gingerbread heart decorations I did for my sons' friends...

IMGP2693.jpg

IMGP2697.jpg

The hearts were from Ikea (10 for 55p) and I used an icing writing kit from Tesco to decorate them.

We've got some hanging on our Xmas tree with our names on (did have a few more but DS2 has been eating them :rolleyes:).
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I made some of these this year as decorations as I couldn't afford to buy much (and I already had beads and wire)

http://kayray.org/crafts/snowflake/

I did however use stronger wire as I felt that 28 gauge was too thin. I hung these on illusion thread and had them at different lengths around my fireplace.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Just been looking at some craft blogs and found some fab belts made from scraps of material sewn together with interfacing. Would be simple to make some as gifts for people as you could choose to theme the colours or even use ribbon strips - I`ll try to find some instructions.
    I think these would be great presented in a gift box.
  • pennyfrog
    Options
    My Mum had a couple of gifts that I handmade- and loves them. She texted me earlier today to say that the more she looks at them, the more they mean to her!
    I gave her a variation of the Journal Jar- a nice notebook and pen along with a small container full of journal slips- and called it The Gift of Yourself (I made up a little intro to go in the book), and also a Grandmother's brag book- a sort of mini- scrapbooking album that's small enough to carry with her. It's designed to hold photos of her 4 grandchildren. I put the photos of my two in, and made places for her to add the children of 2 of my brothers. There was a general 'grandchildren' page to start with, then a page entitled 'girls' and then 'boys', followed by a page for each grandchild, them a double 'festive' page for Christmas photos; then a double page for birthday photos, and lastly a 'fun' page with general happy photos. The album I used was a Papermania one, (£1.99) in lilac, and fastens with a ribbon- but would be easy enough to make with stiff card. I decorated the pages and re-sized suitable photos on the computer. Mum just loves it. I'll do one for my in-laws next year and my Auntie, for her grandkids.

I love reading all these ideas! Keep 'em coming!
    Conquering the debts one penny at a time.....
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    penny - those gifts sound lovely............just been racking my brain for new ideas and drew a blank :confused:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm (hopefully) going to be making Christmas organisers for next year.
    I'm going to try making chutnies & jams and if they work ok will be giving those as pressies, everyone was impressed with my Nigella mince pies so I may make a huge batch and give those out next year, as well as mini christmas cakes.
    I also have a huge bead stash so may make some jewellery too.
    I made some canvases to display my cards on, which people liked, but they also look good just as wall hangings so may try those too.

I'm also gonna set up an etsy store so I can see before Christmas how things go (ie if they don't sell, I won't be giving as pressies unless I know someone really wants it!)
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    emay- good luck with your etsy store but I wouldn`t base your gift giving ideas on Etsy sales. Etsy`s buyer and seller majority are American ( don`t mean this as a bad thing just it seems to be a more US based site), if you are in the US thats great.

Poppy x
  • sazzyb
    sazzyb Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    I went down the comedy craft theme this year and want to better it next year...not so crafty I know but several relatives found the wrapped up loo rolls hilarious along with the jars of nothing and the pots of gold. Really need to better these for next year!!
    MARRIED MR E - 22nd Dec 2010 - technically now sazzye!:j
    AIMS FOR 2012: LOSE WEIGHT/GET FIT! PREPARE FOR BABY-TRYING! OVERPAY MORTGAGE BEFORE MOVING HOUSE, DO UP HOUSE TO MOVE, SAVE SAVE SAVE - SOLICITORS FEES, STAMP DUTY ETC ETC. :eek:HELP HELP HELP!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure