PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Please help me impress my new man!!!!!!!

Comments

• Help me lovely people please!!! I suggested I could cook tomorrow night for a guy I have been seeing for a month or so. This will be the first time I have cooked for me and now I am panicking!! I am vegetarian so don't want to cook meat and have limited cooking ability. I usually cook things like bolognese, chilli and shepherds pies etc. I am looking for something I can do most of the work before he arrives. Any suggestions???? Thank you.
  • do a bolognese/chilli then if thats what you are comfortable with :)

it's hearty warming food for this time of year and does show an inventive side, you never know you could be cooking his fave thing :D
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• It may be sensible to stick to something I know I can do, you could be right. Oh it's sooooo difficult!
  • Veggie chili, tattie wedges and a nice dollop of sour cream with cheese grated over the top.

If he doesn't like that he can jolly well leave!
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • lol i think the first thing i made for now hubby was an omlette, but he loved it, i've impressed him a little more by now i hope but sometimes its more the making it for them that counts
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• I would do the spagetti bolognase as its best prepared in advance and then all you need to do is cook the pasta and garlic bread when you fancy eating and just heat the bolognase so its quick and simple and your not tied to the kitchen leaving more time for other things ;)
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cook something you are comfortable with - then you can just relax and enjoy your evening :)

Good luck x
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe not spag bol tho as it can be a bit awkward to eat if you don't know someone well ;)

And no garlic... for the snogging later on :D
  • Calm down and relax - you are supposed to enjoy yourself. make a veggie shepherds pie in advance and warm it up in the oven. Definitely make or buy a pudding - a microwave jam or better still chocolate sponge (recipes on here) - serve with cream or icecream - he will be entranced :-)
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • If you want something you can make in advance then maybe lasagne would be a good option? If you already know how to make spag bol then it's just that bolognese sauce with layers of pasta and a cheese sauce. Homemade lasagne is always a bit impressive too :)

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport