PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Please help me impress my new man!!!!!!!

Comments

• The_Thrilla
    The_Thrilla Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Make a shepherds pie at home tonight - and warm it up tomorrow?

Yes, I'll endorse that. A girl did that for me once, and I married her!
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Emm-in-a-pickle Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Icey, best of Luck, kid, whatever you try. If he`s worth the angst and the effort he`ll be fine with whatever you cook, if it`s a total disaster he`ll at least be kind about it, and you`ll laugh about it in years to come...if he`s not, best know now, and cut your losses!
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Arrghhh, the blinking weather is fabulous ;)

According to the forecast Wednesday is going to be 15 degrees and as it's so warm right now I can't figure out if 15 degrees is too warm to serve a hot dinner rather than a cold one.

Anyone? Help!!
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    why not make a ploughmans style tea. crusty bread, quiche, cheese, ham, pickles and have an ice cold beer in fridge. as it is atad bit warm at the mo.

my car said at 10am this morning it was 28c. but it is nice.
  • BritRael
    BritRael Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    I'd recommend a take-away.

Serve it wearing a french maids outfit with black stockings and suspenders and spiky heels :)
    Marching On Together

I've upped my standards...so up yours! :)
  • Trinny
    Trinny Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi There

I would suggest some kind of shepherds pie with veges.

Or go with the casserole already suggested

Or some kind of roast dinner.

( Shepherds pie is the easiest though and a crowd pleaser)

Trin
    "Not everything that COUNTS can be counted; and not everything that can be counted COUNTS"
    GC - May £39.47/£55. June £47.20/£50. July £38.44/£50
    NSD - May 16/17. June 16/17. July 14/17
    No new toiletries til stash used up challenge - start date 01/2010 - still going!
    £2 Savers Club member No 93 - getting ready for Christmas 2011:)
  • ubamother
    ubamother Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Following on the cold meal ideas - how about some nice share n tear type hot bread (dead easy to make if you are a breadmaking type person!), olives, salads, dips - and include some traditional stuff (as he seems to like that) - cold honey and mustard chicken legs, good sliced ham, traditional british chees etc.
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Changed my mind AGAIN :eek:

I'm now leaning towards Lasagne as I can make it tonight and it's always better when reheated the next day with some nice salady bits and Eton Mess to follow. Also MSE as I've got everything in stock bar the minced beef so I won't have to buy a load of stuff. ;)

Honestly, he'd better appreciate this! :rotfl:
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Icey77 wrote: »

I'm now leaning towards Lasagne as I can make it tonight and it's always better when reheated the next day with some nice salady bits and Eton Mess to follow. Also MSE as I've got everything in stock bar the minced beef so I won't have to buy a load of stuff. ;)

Sounds perfect, and if he doesn't appreciate it, you know he's not worth it!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Icey77 wrote: »

Sounds devine! I want some!

Hope he does appreciate it - most people make lasagne from a jar of white sauce, and a jar of tomato base - i'm sure yours will be gorgeous.

My new beau is a vegetarian and i was petrified of cooking for him for ages as am not used to cooking veggie. Still a bit freaky to be honest. He says i'm a feeder :p:o
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family