IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals article discussion

Options

Comments

• Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to be clear. This is a Notice of Rejection of your formal appeal to the NTO.

If so you have lost the discounted amount and therefore have nothing to lose by going to adjudication, with the added appeal point that there has been procedural impropriety by the council since they did not reply to the formal appeal until 63 days.

Pepipoo are the experts and is a free forum
  • COLINAPPEAL
    Options
    Orford wrote: »
    Just to be clear. This is a Notice of Rejection of your formal appeal to the NTO.

If so you have lost the discounted amount and therefore have nothing to lose by going to adjudication, with the added appeal point that there has been procedural impropriety by the council since they did not reply to the formal appeal until 63 days.

Pepipoo are the experts and is a free forum

THEY HAVE REJECTED MY FORMAL APPEAL AT STAGE 2, the fine is now £100, they took 61 days between dates on the appeal and rejection letters and are claiming special circumstances exist because i told them i would not be around for some of the time during the 56 day appeal process........ i am also out of the country(no internet) for the next 14 days just to make things more difficult.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You have 28 days to appeal to the Adjudicator, so you will have 10 days or so once you return to UK

Kingston should have sent the PATAS forms and leaflets with the Notice of Rejection
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2011 at 8:05PM
    Options
    THEY HAVE REJECTED MY FORMAL APPEAL AT STAGE 2, the fine is now £100, they took 61 days between dates on the appeal and rejection letters and are claiming special circumstances exist because i told them i would not be around for some of the time during the 56 day appeal process........ i am also out of the country(no internet) for the next 14 days just to make things more difficult.

Yes, so the position is exactly as Orford says. You formally appealed after receiving your NtO (Notice to Owner) and they have sent a 'Notice of Rejection'. That's the position, yes?

As Orford says, the adjudicator (PATAS) will cost you nothing more than possibly having to pay the penalty at the level it is already at (non-discounted). Also, posting for advice on pepipoo forums costs you nothing but 'buys' you informed advice that will probably get you out of paying this PCN.

So calm down, maybe register and add a quick new thread post on pepipoo if you have time (but only if you have time to include pictures of the PCN and all letters, otherwise your thread won't get answers until the pics are there). If not then post on pepipoo as soon as you get back, again making sure you attach pics as per their sticky 'how to post pictures' here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

You must be ready to act on pepipoo's advice as soon as you are back, in time to get the PATAS appeal lodged before the deadline which is very important.

Do not just give up and pay. No point. Most cases get off anyway at the final stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • COLINAPPEAL
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELPFUL ADVICE

I do not intend caving in to bully boy tactics......

will fight this all the way

i have the patas forms and will complete them on my return

any further advice appreciated

hope to win from a technical angle anyway but the 61 day return of rejection has really fired me up need to check legal position......

anybody out there.......
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep I am am here but it's pepipoo who will give you the technical appeal. Bet there's more to this that you can appeal on than you even realise...:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As Coupon-mad has said Pepipoo are the folks to ask. If there is a way they will advise you.
  • amason
    Options
    We parked in a disabled bay and received a ticket because the badge wasn`t displayed. I did put it in the window but it fell off, honestly. The lady who is disabled was taken ill so we were in a rush to get her out of the vehicle and I must have put badge up and didn`t make sure it was secure, needless to say it was in footwell when we arrived back to the vehicle. We appealed explaining the situation and giving the serial number of the badge but our appeal has been rejected. This is the first appeal. We are going to wait for the "Notice to Owner" and appeal again. Any advice?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    amason wrote: »
    We parked in a disabled bay and received a ticket because the badge wasn`t displayed. I did put it in the window but it fell off, honestly. The lady who is disabled was taken ill so we were in a rush to get her out of the vehicle and I must have put badge up and didn`t make sure it was secure, needless to say it was in footwell when we arrived back to the vehicle. We appealed explaining the situation and giving the serial number of the badge but our appeal has been rejected. This is the first appeal. We are going to wait for the "Notice to Owner" and appeal again. Any advice?

Private or council parking space?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    That's the best thing to do, just be aware of the dates. Post as well on pepipoo.com and enclose copies of both sides of the ticket after removing personal bits but leave dates and times.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure