Options
123457»

Comments

• Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Options
    Age limits equalised for all areas now :

"Good news for young people aged 16 & 17
    The Family Fund are pleased tell you that from we have been able to raise our age limits.
    From the 1st of April 2009 we can now give grants for severely disabled young people up to age 18 in England , Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales"
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • boo304
    boo304 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - I only applied 3 weeks ago so think I might have a bit of a wait on my hands!
  • coodababy
    Options
    boo304 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wanted to ask jules and coodababy how long it took for family fund to assess your applications? I've just sent one in (first time), and not heard anything yet.

Thanks

Hi ya. Sorry I took ages to reply. I applied at the start of the year, mine did take a little longer as they said they never had all of my photocopies of benefits, so in the end I asked them for their fa number and faxed it across to them, I did that on the Monday and by Thursday I had the letter. My Laptop is due to be delivered at some point today. I think with all things, some people are lucky and have to wait no time, and some people like me, end up with missing paper work and it takes ages. I would say though the 3 months they initially tell you is about right.
  • casdor1
    casdor1 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    hi i have a 3.5yrs son who has speech and behavier problems i didnt know that he had behavier problems i did think that everything he was doing is normal for child to be everywhere in the house. thank God is getting help from family support and speech therapist.
    one day he was sick & i toke him to GP and my the time i was explaining want was the problem with him when the gp & i looked at him he was on top of the table smaching the Gp's computer Gp got scared and said this child has problem. and asked how i live with him & baby gp said not to leave them together in the same room. he did burn my house twice, sometimes u r looking for him he his inside wash machine calling u. i cant sit down for 5mins.
    sorry for long story. i applied for dla since feb. still waiting yestday i received a letter asking me to tell them the dates i received the form and when did i sent. that means that i will be accepted or what? i did sent letter from gp about his behavier and letter for speech therapist's appointment for lessons.

and also i dont know if i can apply for family fund has i need computer to help him at home. becouse he needs stimulation activies.E.g. if you tell him to choice between two things lets say !! big or small he will tell you the last thing you said because he wont remember the first.
    sorry again any help will do. thanks
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We just got some Thomas cook vouchers the other day to put towards a holiday for her, we haven't had a holiday in years. Tempted to go to Jersey but never been before and know idea how much it will cost as we cant find out on TC web site

My daughter also have a choice of a laptop or pc.

casdor1 I think you need to be in receipt of DLA and you also have to them show them the award letter and your financial circumstances
  • cidergirl
    cidergirl Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    casdor1 wrote: »
    hi i have a 3.5yrs son who has speech and behavier problems i didnt know that he had behavier problems i did think that everything he was doing is normal for child to be everywhere in the house. thank God is getting help from family support and speech therapist.
    one day he was sick & i toke him to GP and my the time i was explaining want was the problem with him when the gp & i looked at him he was on top of the table smaching the Gp's computer Gp got scared and said this child has problem. and asked how i live with him & baby gp said not to leave them together in the same room. he did burn my house twice, sometimes u r looking for him he his inside wash machine calling u. i cant sit down for 5mins.
    sorry for long story. i applied for dla since feb. still waiting yestday i received a letter asking me to tell them the dates i received the form and when did i sent. that means that i will be accepted or what? i did sent letter from gp about his behavier and letter for speech therapist's appointment for lessons.

and also i dont know if i can apply for family fund has i need computer to help him at home. becouse he needs stimulation activies.E.g. if you tell him to choice between two things lets say !! big or small he will tell you the last thing you said because he wont remember the first.
    sorry again any help will do. thanks

i just looked in the form u can print out and there are different boxes to tick theres one that says waiting to hear about dla , not applied as well so im sure u can apply now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure