Family Fund

Options

Comments

• tattoed_bum
    tattoed_bum Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    hi i applied in june last year and i had a visit in november ,the lady who came out was so nice and helpfull ,we had a laptop for my son and money towards a holiday it was so much appreciated they are an amazing bunch
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    I actually just phoned them and they are mystified as to why my application hasn't been dealt with.

Clearly the person I spoke to last time did nothing to speed the process up. :(

Hopefully the ball will get moving now.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• ladybirdh2
    Options
    I applied in August , a lovely woman came out in October and then in december I got a new washer, plus money for trips . Its such a god send
  • stompin-sarah
    Options
    i applied for the 1st time in roughly november 2007... they came to see me. alls they really do on the home visit is look at your benefits and the person who is disabled. they also said that driving lessons is one of the biggest things they pay for and also asked me about other stuff ie hows my washer ans dryer etc etc... and would i not like to put in for these i said no as the driving was my main priority... my son has spina bifida so i asked for driving lessons and they awarded me..... when i got my award they had also given me a bhs card with 100.00 on for clothing for my son(i never even asked for that!)

i applied in nov 07 they came out roughly in april 08 and i started my driving lessons in june 08 and passed both driving and theory tests 1st time.... i was driving on my own by october 08!
    :D
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    Options
    peeps if you have applied before you can apply online it quiker
  • EmRayMarRhys
    Options
    For holidays etc what do you put? How much are you likely to be awarded? Do you just say you could do with a holiday or something?
  • moyilla
    moyilla Posts: 1,834 Forumite
    Options
    For holidays etc what do you put? How much are you likely to be awarded? Do you just say you could do with a holiday or something?

Hi
    They have just changed their policy. You used to get a grant (different amounts nothing set) towards your holiday or days out.
    Now if you have booked a holiday the Fund needs to see your booking and can grant money towards it. Or you can book a holiday with haven or Thomas Cook.

Just describe to the Fund how a holiday/short break would help your family and ease some of the strain etc.

Take a look here

http://www.familyfund.org.uk/page.asp?section=00010001000100040001

Hth
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    family fund is an organisation you can apply to once every 12 months if you have a disabled child. you can apply for allsorts! money, holidays, appliances, clothes even driving lessons!!!!

Driving lessons?

The UK is suffering badly, people are losing their houses, unemployment is rising dramatically...and the country is paying for people to have driving lessons?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • MIMI123_2
    MIMI123_2 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Driving lessons?

The UK is suffering badly, people are losing their houses, unemployment is rising dramatically...and the country is paying for people to have driving lessons?
    How selfish you are, it is up to the person who applies to decide what they want to spend the money on. Maybe they may want to use the money to pay for driving lessons so they can actually take their child out without using public transport. I think its a great idea to give people in need of this funding, a life line of sorts to help them out.It must be hard enough looking after a disabled child, and no doubt comments like yours do not help.
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    MIMI123 wrote: »
    How selfish you are, it is up to the person who applies to decide what they want to spend the money on. Maybe they may want to use the money to pay for driving lessons so they can actually take their child out without using public transport. I think its a great idea to give people in need of this funding, a life line of sorts to help them out.It must be hard enough looking after a disabled child, and no doubt comments like yours do not help.

While I agree with every word of your post, I would just point out that PolishBigSpender is a well known troll on these boards.

As such I would suggest everyone deprives him of the attention he so desperately requires ;)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure