Family Fund

Options
I've just applied to family fund for the first time.

What will happen next as a search on here has revealed people have home visits? Just wondering what the general application process is and how long it takes:j

TIA :)
Married mum to 4, new addition expected 02/07/14

Comments

• mspig
    mspig Posts: 986 Forumite
    Options
    Ours took about 4 weeks for the application, but we didn't have any home visits, whilst my sister when my nephew had cancer applied they had a home visit and it took nearly 3 months for the award - so i suppose it depends how busy they are and whether they send out someone to home visit you.
  • forever_skint
    Options
    I have applied for 2 years in a row and I haven't had a home visit either, neither has my sister in law.
    March prizes: 6 x Crufts tickets, tickets to Wham live! Heck naked sausages, DVD :D:D:D
  • oldnewstudent
    Options
    hi
    like others we had no visit just a call from a very nice man who asked us what our priority items were. don't worry about it it'll be fine :T
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    i have claimed from the family fund twice and not had a home visit, took a couple of months tho, as they wrote and said they were busy
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • 1legmummy
    Options
    sorry to be thick, what is the family fund?
  • jackssupermum
    Options
    When I first applied it took a while for them to get in touch, then a lovley woman came to see us and gave us loadsa good advice too!! then to my suprise we got £600 and a new dryer!!! they are a god send !!!
  • jackssupermum
    Options
    family fund is an organisation you can apply to once every 12 months if you have a disabled child. you can apply for allsorts! money, holidays, appliances, clothes even driving lessons!!!!
  • mandy.h_2
    Options
    we had no visit got a email asking us to ring, the lady explained as it was our first claim(was over income limit prior to me becoming a student) we could ask for more things got nearly 1000 in stuff for sons room and holiday
    proud mum of son with aspergers
  • debbie26pet
    Options
    i put our first application in and they recieved it on the 10th nov. do u think i should chase them up or just leave it?
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    I applied back in May and have heard nothing, other than an e-mail requesting I join Family Fund Extra, which I have done.

I did phone them back in November and was told they did have my application but they had a huge backlog to deal with.

I may have to phone them again in a few weeks however - reading posts here makes me wonder why it still hasn't been resolved.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure