Family Fund

Options

Comments

• missstropy
    missstropy Posts: 7,763 Forumite
    Options
    The Family Fund helped me some years ago when it used to be Joseph Rowntrees foundation. I too had money for driving lessons, which I took and had money left over. I rang them and they told me to put what was left towards a car.

I could not get out and about with my disabled daughter at that time as the amount of stuff I needed to takewith me for her was ridiculous.

Ive been really gratefull for there help for a few years now and without them we wouldnt of been able to do most of the things we now do as a family.

My daughter is 17 and no longer qualifys for help but they have been brilliant.
    I did get a home visit but only one and it was years ago.
  • MIMI123_2
    MIMI123_2 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    While I agree with every word of your post, I would just point out that PolishBigSpender is a well known troll on these boards.

As such I would suggest everyone deprives him of the attention he so desperately requires ;)
    Yes i totally agree.:T
  • stompin-sarah
    Options
    Driving lessons?

The UK is suffering badly, people are losing their houses, unemployment is rising dramatically...and the country is paying for people to have driving lessons?

yes driving lessons.... i got mine through them........

considering my son has spina bifida and has no sensation with his bladder and bowels i think it helped me a a lot... i mean could you really see yourself on a public bus when your son wees/poos hiself???
    embarasing???????
    exactly
  • jackssupermum
    Options
    :mad:
    Driving lessons?

The UK is suffering badly, people are losing their houses, unemployment is rising dramatically...and the country is paying for people to have driving lessons?

Yes they helping people to care for disabled loved ones, giving them the opertunity to do more in their lives as they are unfortunate enough not to have the same privilages as others take for granted like walking, the use of their eyes, limbs, to just name a few etc.....

NEXT ...............:mad:
  • EmRayMarRhys
    Options
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I noticed they raised the ages limits to 17 year now. My daughter is 17 but she is 18 in May we have never applied before
  • stompin-sarah
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    I noticed they raised the ages limits to 17 year now. My daughter is 17 but she is 18 in May we have never applied before

hurry up and apply for something..... maybe a holiday ??
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I got the application form. I rang them up and they said she is still eligible for help
  • cheap_charlie
    Options
    Well there is a lady from the Family Fund coming round tomorrow.

Anyone tell me what I should expect please?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• jules372
    jules372 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    I can't tell you how chuffed I am with Family Fund. We applied once before and got help toward moving costs and new carpets as the house we were moving into didn't have any. I should explain that we were moving into an adapted house for my son who now has ground floor accomodation as he can't get up the stairs because of his disability.

Anyway, I applied again last Wednesday for a laptop for him as he is having trouble writing due to the progression of his condition, and I thought it would be great for school and homework. I applied online, and received a letter today saying it has been approved! I had to sign a form and send it back and they say we'll have it within 21days!! :) How quick is that, i'm over the moon. Hope you guys are as successful as us.

Jules
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport