Family Fund

Options

Comments

• coodababy
    Options
    I just recieved my letter today to inform me that my daughter has been awarded her Family Fund grant, we have been given a laptop which she will really benefit from and £450 towards a cost of a holiday. I have already paid for flights, so that will reimburse me. And the rest is spending money. It took a while to process but well worth the wait. I never had a home visit just a phone call.

I cannot thank them enough. I cannot wait for the laptop to get here. I wonder what make it will be etc. Does anyone know that? My daughter will be able to sit in her room and do her homework. I am so peased.
  • jules372
    jules372 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    coodababy wrote: »
    I just recieved my letter today to inform me that my daughter has been awarded her Family Fund grant, we have been given a laptop which she will really benefit from and £450 towards a cost of a holiday. I have already paid for flights, so that will reimburse me. And the rest is spending money. It took a while to process but well worth the wait. I never had a home visit just a phone call.

I cannot thank them enough. I cannot wait for the laptop to get here. I wonder what make it will be etc. Does anyone know that? My daughter will be able to sit in her room and do her homework. I am so peased.

Hi,

my son was awarded a laptop a couple of months ago. It's from Stone computers, sorry I can't post a link with the info, but the family fund website seems to be down at the moment.

The laptop is great, and is pre loaded with windows vista, we did however add an extra 2gb of ram to speed it up a little and that only cost about £15 from play.com and the laptop just zooms along! :)
    HTH

Jules

link now working...http://www.familyfund.org.uk/page.asp?section=00010001000100100006&sectionTitle=Computers
  • boo304
    boo304 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to ask jules and coodababy how long it took for family fund to assess your applications? I've just sent one in (first time), and not heard anything yet.

Thanks
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I applied in early Feb boo304 and not heard a Dicky bird

I did email them and they got me a number assigned, I checked on web site and its in a queue

I was hoping to take my daughter on holiday but looks like that aint going to happen this year
  • savemoney
    Options
    I just check with family fund as I emailed them back on 28th Feb and got a reply on 3rd March with a case number, besides the email I have had no other contact from them

Thank you for your enquiry. Your application has been received. If we require any further information we will contact you shortly. Our waiting times for processing are currently 4 weeks from the date that all the required information is received.
  • tiggersue
    tiggersue Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say how I wish I had found this forum before, we have struggled for years with our Daughters disability needs and the subsequent fallout for our other 2 children. We have had no help apart from her receiving DLA. If only I had known about the Family fund how I would have been able to enhance her life. she is too old now as she was 18 last birthday.
  • savemoney
    Options
    I nearly missed the boat, they raised the limit last year from 16-17, she was 17 last year and still is but will be 18 in May.
  • tiggersue
    tiggersue Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    That was lucky, there doesn't seem to be much help for them when they become young adults. It is a very scarey time when you are moving from child services to adult.:eek:
  • jules372
    jules372 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    boo304 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wanted to ask jules and coodababy how long it took for family fund to assess your applications? I've just sent one in (first time), and not heard anything yet.

Thanks

Hi,

this was the 2nd time we'd applied to FF and I did the application online. The laptop was all I asked for and I heard from them within a week or so which was fantastic. I had to sign and return a form they sent me then the laptop arrived about 2 weeks later, so we we're really lucky that it was super fast!

Jules
  • savemoney
    Options
    You must have been lucky and it was quite when you applied Jules, as I said I applied in early Feb and so far heard nothing all accept when I asked them regarding the delay and got told they are busy

No idea what they mean by "required information is received", they haven't so far asked for anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure