any idea when the new rules for claiming benefits start?????

Options

Comments

• uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    conor are you trying to say that i am a fantasist as this is the impression i got reading ur comments i think that you have more that got ur oppinion across and perhaps its now time to back off and yes i do know someone who was stabbed whilst at our local skateboard ramps so jthere you go
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • notlongnow_2
    Options
    uolypool...could you get a job at your childrens school? Reason I ask is because at the 2 primary schools my children have attended there have always been signs for wanting crossing wardens and they always want 'helpers' in school which ive noticed more often than not leads to a part time post in school.
    May £10 a day challenge
    £19.61/£310
    Ebay challenge...£12.61/£200
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    In an idle moment I often wonder how people like the OP and her children would fare if there were no benefits to be had.

Assuming they are all fit and healthy I bet they would all be working, children as well.

Human nature to take what is given with no effort, takes much more effort to get off your bum and support yourself. However there is a great sense of pride in eating the food bought with money you have earned.
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »

Human nature to take what is given with no effort, takes much more effort to get off your bum and support yourself. However there is a great sense of pride in eating the food bought with money you have earned.

This is exactly why i work and didnt get to see my sons first steps and words. I was stupid enough to get pregnant so i had to be clever enough to pay for it. I never wanted my DS going to school and being asked, well what do your parents do? And him just going, erm, i dont know.
    DS understands, even at 6, mummy needs to work. The deal is, he goes to school and i go to work. He knows thats what pays for the flat, food, toys, holidays.
    There have been times when he has said he wished i spent more time with him, picked him up from school. But he knows i will always be there for other things like plays and school trips.
  • angie_baby
    Options
    karenw wrote: »
    What are the new rules for single parents with disabled children and whome are carers?

Sorry, i dont know the real answer, I dont think (hope) that they should change.

Benifits are there for people who need them. If you have a disabled child and need to be at home, you should and you should get support.
  • angie_baby
    Options
    Hopefully someone who knows should be along soon.

I dont think anyone has a problem with people who have a disability or disabled child claiming benifits, thats what they are for.
  • denise123
    Options
    I hope someone comes along soon to answer this question about carers and working.

I am a carer for my OH, I do volunteer work, and look after the old dears around here, and also now a young man after a motorbike accident, shopping and so on

my main concern is not working i think i can spare 16 maybe even 20 hours a week, my concern is about the old dears who phone or knock at odd times, the guy who needs his shopping done, my OH, if he is ill and the bit about time away from work without notice, and also my volunteering, which i dont want to give up

I dont want to stop any of it, yet I fear I will have to, I dont claim carers allowance, because i fee there are people out there who maybe need it more than i do.

This is quite upsetting really along with other issues such as OH being ill, and not me, so I wont be able to get a sick note for work, its the daft things i worry over

be nice if someone knows something if only to ease my mind so i can sleep better.

i have sorted things out now, like microwave meals for the kids and hubby, so they can cook it all without burning the kitchen down! and OH wont burn himself with the cooker, even to OH practising going upstairs on all fours if he needs to use the loo, i cant drive, so OH has said that he will pick me up after work, living where we live, buses take forever, a five min drive to tesco is an hour and a half via bus, if they turn up.

anyway if anyone has any words that will help me, i would be grateful, thanks
    nothing is impossible, just maybe difficult.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    karenw wrote: »
    What are the new rules for single parents with disabled children and whome are carers?
    The rules in these cases will stay as they are,mr purnell was quite specific on that point when asked yesterday
  • angie_baby
    Options
    Maybe phone up the benifits office? Or send an email? Not sure if you can do this though?
  • jacnorm
    jacnorm Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    I do feel every child is different and not all are ready to be left for whatever reason. I am not a single parent and my kids are adults now with children of their own, when they were in their teens we both had to work and we had no bother with three of them but, we had no end of trouble with one. He would bunk off school as he could sit in the house all day and then he had his friends in at other times. We lived on a large estate and word soon got around that they had keys and we were not home till later.
    I feel there are no easy answers to this and if anyone is in the position I was in many years ago with no family nearby if trouble does develope when the kids are alone I feel sorry for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure