PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily 1st December 2008

Options
1234568»

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BETH can I see a pic of the quilt when you've finished it?I think DD is going for a jungle theme for her baby girl.I'm leaving that to her as i've spent a mint already:eek: :eek: Are you as excited as me?;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.

Beth - thanks for asking! I am still here! I'm not doing much in the way of OS to report, just same-old, same-old, but working hard on my work-from-home work.

Congratulations to Soapy - well done.

Happy Birthday to Thriftlady.

(((Hugs))) to all.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    BETH can I see a pic of the quilt when you've finished it?I think DD is going for a jungle theme for her baby girl.I'm leaving that to her as i've spent a mint already:eek: :eek: Are you as excited as me?;)

CANDYGIRL, The C.K. quilt I'm doing is for DGD1 who is 15yrs. I don't know how to put pics on here:o I once started this thread, got it wrong and was serverely told off, so never tried it again.:o Useless or what!

DD2's baby girl is due at the same time as your DD's bundle, she wants me to do a jungle/animal theme for the baby's bedroom. How amazing is that? same theme. DD2 refuses to have everything pink, she much prefers primary colours.
    Does your DD want to know the sex of the baby? Hope she is doing well in her new place. Stoped hovering yet? ;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BETH look at my sig, it's a girl too:j :j :j Soz I thought the quilt was for the baby, weird how they've both picked a jungle theme innit:eek: :eek: :eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everybody,

Freezing cold here, have on jumper, cardigan and big jacket knitted by my late mother in 1992 and still feel cold...and the heat is on, will have to retire soon to living room where there is a log fire roaring (thanks Ulick).

Happy birthday Thriftlady, hope that it is proving to be a good one....jealous of your Le Creuset:bdaycake:

Ulick has had lunch (4 course!) in day hospital so am going to suggest to DD4 the she, DGS2 and I have something easy like beans on toast for dinner...Ulick might have some as tea, he is fasting again to-morrow as his blood sugar went rather low to-day so they want to monitor him again to-morrow...he is thrilled to be spending a second day this week there!

Hugs to all in need or want, welcome to newbies and congratulations to those who are celebrating

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Forgot to say special congratulations to Soapy, glad that everything went well for you both...nice weight

Night all,

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    mummysaver wrote: »
    Rage in Eden - hope you feel better soon. I saw Ultravox once in Brighton in concert, think Runrig were the support act and they gave out free albums!

Runrig <<shudders>> that would be the U-vox tour after they had sacked the drummer and which a lot of us boycotted. Sounds like it was the rig decision.......

I am not a happy bunny as I have just been on e-bay. On 22nd I sold an item, sent an invoice, heard nothing, sent a very polite e-mail asking if they still wanted the item 5 days later,heard nothing. Due to a number of bad payers I though "right" and sent an unpaid item thing to e-bay. Now get an e-mail off the seller via e-bay saying they (a) sent a cheque at the end of last week (er, a week after winning the item and without telling me they were sending a cheque) and (b) that they are furious (not that furious to respond to 2 emails obviously) and (c) "talk about vultures circling". Anyway, I am not being the butt of abuse like that for £5.50 + P&P so I have reported them to -bay. It's not like I didn't contact them (twice) and give them 2 opportunities to tell me what the hell was going on.

On a lighter note I have put the fairy lights on the willow twigs in the porch and this weekend we will put the lights in the hollies and yew at the front.
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Esor
    Esor Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday Thirftlady and mega congratulations to Soapy, glad to hear it all went well :)

Had a wondeful weekend away with friends and the lasagne, cake and Twink's hobnobs I took all went down really well. Thank you again to whoever suggested dipping them in chocolate as they looked great and everyone loved them.

Done nowt OS today...but we just got back from our mini holiday so all good, got LOADS to get on with tomorrow though. Also have to meet friends in town to get OH's coat that he left there (with keys in pockets), it's normally me who leaves something so I'm secretly a teeny bit chuffed!

*huggles* to all who need/want them. Freezing cold up north today too, been iced over all weekend and there was some snow yesterday in the very rural parts we were in. Flat was freezing when we got home as we'd just left the heating on enough to stop the pipes freezing. All snug now though, snuggled under duvets in the living room, heating on very high though, will be lower again tomorrow.

I can't believe it's December! Where has this year gone? Going to stay with same friends for New Year and I'm starting to get excited for that (my sister will be there too and I've missed her loads since she moved South). Must organise us for Christmas pressies tomorrow, just need to get on and buy some stuff, at least I'll be saving some with the VAT cut!

Take care all, keep warm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport