🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    abat4ever wrote: »
    I got my success letter for 61298 and oh my GOD ,am so happy.soon aiming for an EO,or HEO position.THANKS guys for all support.Jessbob,where did you do your interview?

WELL DONE:j:j

My interview was at the Metropole in Leeds today
  • Divinelistic
    Options

Thanks for the congrats everyone! The date on the letter is 26th August, was sent first class.

oh really!!!that was the day i had my interview for the same irc.

all the best.
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    abat4ever wrote: »
    I got my success letter for 61298 and oh my GOD ,am so happy.soon aiming for an EO,or HEO position.THANKS guys for all support.Jessbob,where did you do your interview?

Hey, congrats on your success letter. I also got my success letter for 61298 dated 26th August. Does yours mention a waiting list (mine doesn't). What date was your interview and what location?
  • counterfeit
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    WELL DONE:j:j

My interview was at the Metropole in Leeds today

You got there ok then?

How do you think it went?
  • jessbob
    Options
    You got there ok then?

How do you think it went?

Yep - got there a day late !!!

Went ok, but then worried cos the woman wasn't writing much at all - not like they normally do, AND she didn't ask me any probing questions after the intial questions - like they normally do:confused::confused:

Can't have been very good answers I gave them. Totally changed my answers from the previous interviews as well, as obviously those answers weren't what they were wanting.

Think I am just soooo rubbish at these type of interviews. My mind goes blank, and I take my notes in and then never refer to them:rotfl:

The main interviewer was really nice though. he laughed at me a lot:rotfl: Maybe I should apply for a job as a comedienne:rotfl::rotfl:

Never mind - off to Manchester week after next for another interview - not with DWP though :D
  • misanthrope
    misanthrope Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2009 at 10:25PM
    Options
    just thought i'd help others currently going through this process:

- application emailed [21/07/09]
    - a/o vacancy closing date [26/08/09]
    - advised by phone on test/interview dates [06/08/09]
    - took tests [19/08/09]
    - took interview [28/08/09]
    - received letter of success [08/09/09]
    - received CRB certificate [16/09/09]

eight people took the tests. at the end five were called out of the room individually and the rest of us left were then told openly we were successful, so i concluded just the three of us managed to pass both tests.

i'm usually confident in job interviews but i found my first competency based one quite odd by comparison. it's inherently disjointed and you don't get the natural ebb and flow narrative of a normal interview. i'd give myself 7/10 at best because they threw a curveball at me with the last question, so i had a long pause while i rethought my preprepared answer.

i found it difficult to understand how well i did because there is minimal feedback, they literally just ask you questions and make notes on your answers to the four competencies. because you do most of the talking, it feels more akin to two friendly police officers taking a statement from you about a minor traffic accident than a job interview.

there were two interviewers one manpower and one dwp and they took turns questioning and writing. when it was his turn the manpower bloke wrote verbatim, this was in contrast to the dwp bloke who was more selective, this contrasting style was unnerving because at times his pen was paused in judgement whereas the other chap was always writing.

my adrenaline was pumping at the end and i was relieved it was over so i must have been quite stressed. this goes against the grain for me as i'm usually only anxious at the start of interviews and when they conclude, relaxed and quietly confident.
  • jessbob
    Options
    Tomnat wrote: »
    Hi Jessbob,

It was a memo regarding holiday entitlements

Soz, mate - been trying to remember mine, but it was in april and I have slept a lot since :rotfl:

I'm sure it was the same, but cannot remember the errors, apart from the obvious spelling mistakes, and then the EFFECT and AFFECT being the wrong way around ( i think)

Soz again

I am poo :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Tomnat_2
    Options
    Thanks Jessbob, sound like the same one as that mistake was one i spotted.

Am sure I got all the misspellings,not sure what else I missed.

Fortunately I have another chance this Friday in Nottingham,luckily I passed the numeracy test so only have to re-sit the literacy one.

Not sure how many different tests there are.

Hope you are successful with your interview yesterday
  • jessbob
    Options
    Tomnat wrote: »
    Thanks Jessbob, sound like the same one as that mistake was one i spotted.

Am sure I got all the misspellings,not sure what else I missed.

Fortunately I have another chance this Friday in Nottingham,luckily I passed the numeracy test so only have to re-sit the literacy one.

Not sure how many different tests there are.

Hope you are successful with your interview yesterday

Thank you;)

Not sure if there was an error in the date of the memo as well.
  • counterfeit
    Options
    If you get the letter about the lady on disability, there is an error in the postcode - a lot of people miss it apparently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport