Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• Thylacine
    Thylacine Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    So let me understand this correctly:
    If you get a Job offer you go on a merit list as oppsosed to a waiting list?

So if I am 50 on the list the 49 peeps are better then me? Accordingly If somewhere is hiring for 49 people they will pick the 49 'better' people?

Does this mean I stay ranked at 50 for ever? and if so if somewhere is hiring 50 people would I get the job based upon that fact. This seems a tad counter intuitive, as in, if an individual is not good enough for place A then surely they are not good enough for place B?
    what sort of meritocracy is this?
    It's actually a lot simpler than that. When you do your interview they give you a mark based on how well you did. Everyone's marks go into a database, and they sort it from best to worst. That gives the initial merit list.

If they have 49 jobs to fill, they'll take the best 49 off the merit list and offer them a job once their pre-employment checks are cleared. If they're doing your checks, it's a pretty good sign - the checks cost money, so they don't do them unless they're pretty sure they'll be offering you a job.

Once those 49 (in this example) are off being processed, they put the remainder on the waiting list. If you were 50 in the merit list then you'll be 1 on the waiting list and the first person to get an offer if, for example, one of the original 49 refuses their offer.

Problem is, I don't know whether they give out merit list places or waiting list places... It's the same list with two names depending on where in the selection process they are up to.
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    PontyEnd wrote: »
    Good news :j

Maybe best to start walking now though..

On my way now:rotfl:
  • jessbob
    Options
    Good luck Jessbob for tomorrow!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for you!! :A

Thank you. Another night of nightmares about competencies tho :rotfl:
  • Jimisugly
    Jimisugly Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    So let me understand this correctly:
    If you get a Job offer you go on a merit list as oppsosed to a waiting list?

So if I am 50 on the list the 49 peeps are better then me? Accordingly If somewhere is hiring for 49 people they will pick the 49 'better' people?

Does this mean I stay ranked at 50 for ever? and if so if somewhere is hiring 50 people would I get the job based upon that fact. This seems a tad counter intuitive, as in, if an individual is not good enough for place A then surely they are not good enough for place B?
    what sort of meritocracy is this?

Sorry to put a downer on the situation, but from reading these threads for months now - it seems that there can be more than 1 person at each rank on the list. ie there could be 5 people at position 1, 3 people at position 2 etc etc.
  • counterfeit
    Options
    Jimisugly wrote: »
    Sorry to put a downer on the situation, but from reading these threads for months now - it seems that there can be more than 1 person at each rank on the list. ie there could be 5 people at position 1, 3 people at position 2 etc etc.

I was told by the lady I spoke to that my wife was 25 on the merit list but every one of the 24 above her got the same marks so were all ranked 1 and were just in alphabetical order. So her list presumably goes something like 1, 25, 40, 60 etc. Not that either of us need worry as we are both within the top 100 and there are 150 vacancies
  • heathertheblether
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    Thank you. Another night of nightmares about competencies tho :rotfl:
    Hey there! New to this site. What position are you being interviewed for? I was at a Capita interview last week and got my success letter two days later.
  • sammy65
    sammy65 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for a London-based EO vacancies (IRC62668) and had to fill in an application form and send it back by e-mail. How long would it take to get a reply to know whether I will have to do the online test? I sent the form to them via e-mail on Tuesday and haven't heard anything so far.
  • jessbob
    Options
    Hey there! New to this site. What position are you being interviewed for? I was at a Capita interview last week and got my success letter two days later.

Hi. The interview is for Eo in West Yorkshire.

Your success letter was pretty quick !!!!! they normally take at least 3weeks. WELL DONE :T:T
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    Well, I just got a success letter (no mention of a waiting list) for 61298. I had the letter in my hands, I was literally shaking, I had 2 interviews before this, both failed. I am yet to hear for another interview I had two weeks ago. I know I will probably be in a long wait but right now I'm not so bothered just so happy that I passed. :rotfl:

Well done!!!:j What date was on the letter?

Thanks for the congrats everyone! The date on the letter is 26th August, was sent first class.
  • thunderb0lt
    Options
    sammy65 wrote: »
    I applied for a London-based EO vacancies (IRC62668) and had to fill in an application form and send it back by e-mail. How long would it take to get a reply to know whether I will have to do the online test? I sent the form to them via e-mail on Tuesday and haven't heard anything so far.

When is the deadline has it passsed, you will probably get an e-mail with online test details about a week after the deadline has passed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure