Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• venus_in_furs
    Options
    Just wondering...they took our doctors details when we had the interview. Do they contact your doctor during the checks?
    "You dont need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"
  • counterfeit
    Options
    I can't imagine they would - the info is confidential and your doctor would charge for any help.
  • counterfeit
    Options
    PontyEnd wrote: »
    Just rang them, got a very nice man so that was a good start:rotfl:

The CRB cert that was sent to me was correct and apparently all my checks have cleared and I should be contacted soon! He couldn't tell me where, he said it'll be discussed with me when I am contacted. He did say there were 350 posts and they are eager to get them filled so fingers crossed.

Ponty - are you South or West Yorkshire?
  • PontyEnd
    PontyEnd Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Ponty - are you South or West Yorkshire?

I'm South.
    jessbob wrote: »
    Brill ! Well Done.

they must want more people than they have then, cos he told me there was 300 on """the list"""":rotfl:

Keep me informed :T:T

It might have been 315 :o They sound the same with a geordie accent.
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    PontyEnd wrote: »
    I'm South.

It might have been 315 :o They sound the same with a geordie accent.

Guess what - trains cancelled to Leeds from here cos of vandalism. Capita can't fit me in later today or tomorrow for interview, so back home and TOTALLY FED UP. Must be a sign. Not a signal obviously since there are none working !!!
  • venus_in_furs
    venus_in_furs Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    Guess what - trains cancelled to Leeds from here cos of vandalism. Capita can't fit me in later today or tomorrow for interview, so back home and TOTALLY FED UP. Must be a sign. Not a signal obviously since there are none working !!!

That's rubbish! :( Sorry to hear that. Must be really frustrating x
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    That's rubbish! :( Sorry to hear that. Must be really frustrating x

I AM SOOOOOO MAD:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not DWP's fault this time tho:rotfl:

Unless they have control over National Rail:rotfl:
  • phoebe121
    Options
    irc60076
    just to give u an update I got my phone call yesterday, thought it would never come, and i start work on the 14th September, can't wait. For everyone still waiting, i rang up newcastle on the Tuesday and asked them what was going on, the girl told me that all those on the waiting list, 150 of us, would get a job offered at some point, i was 106 on the list and thought i would be in for a long wait, but recieved it yesterday and couldn't be happier.
  • venus_in_furs
    venus_in_furs Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    phoebe121 wrote: »
    irc60076
    just to give u an update I got my phone call yesterday, thought it would never come, and i start work on the 14th September, can't wait. For everyone still waiting, i rang up newcastle on the Tuesday and asked them what was going on, the girl told me that all those on the waiting list, 150 of us, would get a job offered at some point, i was 106 on the list and thought i would be in for a long wait, but recieved it yesterday and couldn't be happier.

Congrats...thats great news!!! Be you are made up!! When did you get your success letter btw? Thanks :)
  • dannyreckless
    Options
    I think I have worked out a scam. I am going to phone up and 'lie' to say I have had my succesful letter and that I am just enquiring as to where I am on the list.
    They will either tell me, thus confirming I have the job or tell me that they have difficulty finding my information (or some such) and I will know I have been unsuccessful.

wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport