We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Job Interview with DWP

Options

Comments

• mandie2106
    Options
    Hi everyone! I applied for the AO position and had my interview etc in May. I recieved a success letter in June and was placed on a waiting list. I have yet to hear about a start date. Is there anyone else waiting? How long have most of you had to wait etc? I am very excited about getting back to work, but have a feeling that this wait cant be good lol!

Congrats to everyone who have also had a success, and good luck to you guys who have interviews! xx
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    mandie2106 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I applied for the AO position and had my interview etc in May. I recieved a success letter in June and was placed on a waiting list. I have yet to hear about a start date. Is there anyone else waiting? How long have most of you had to wait etc? I am very excited about getting back to work, but have a feeling that this wait cant be good lol!

Congrats to everyone who have also had a success, and good luck to you guys who have interviews! xx

Which IRC No. did you apply for and which district?

If you ring the tel no. on your success letter, they should let you know whereabouts you are on the list (hopefully !)
  • mandie2106
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    Which IRC No. did you apply for and which district?

If you ring the tel no. on your success letter, they should let you know whereabouts you are on the list (hopefully !)

Hi it was IRC 58772, area Fife/Tayside (scotland). I will ring them up now and ask how far i am up the list. Thanks!
  • jessbob
    Options
    Hi it was IRC 58772, area Fife/Tayside (scotland). I will ring them up now and ask how far i am up the list. Thanks!

Have you had your Disclosure Certificate yet, and do you know whether your referees have been contacted?

If not, you can also ask them when you ring what the present position is regarding these pre-recruitment checks.
  • jessbob
    Options

There's another thread on this forum, DWP Employment Waiting List, which will give you further insight into the 'waiting game':rotfl:
  • Leepy_2
    Leepy_2 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I have just joined wish I had found this site 3 weeks ago as I had an AO interview in Glasgow. Can`t believe the amount of good advice on here. Im still waiting on on a letter to say if Ihave been successfull or not.
  • jessbob
    Options
    Leepy wrote: »
    Hi I have just joined wish I had found this site 3 weeks ago as I had an AO interview in Glasgow. Can`t believe the amount of good advice on here. Im still waiting on on a letter to say if Ihave been successfull or not.

Shouldn't be long now, then ! Good luck;)
  • mandie2106
    Options
    jessbob wrote: »
    Have you had your Disclosure Certificate yet, and do you know whether your referees have been contacted?

If not, you can also ask them when you ring what the present position is regarding these pre-recruitment checks.

Yes, i recieved my actual disclosure only a couple of weeks ago which i have sent back to the DWP, have recieved nothing back yet. My referees have not been contacted yet! Hopefully not much longer now x
  • Leepy_2
    Options
    Thanks jessbob
  • jessbob
    Options
    Does anyone have a link for the job description for HEO ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport