🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Really cheap food...however

Options

Comments

• lesley1960
    Options
    I have no worries about using food past its best by date , I just have concerns where i buy food from . Besides there isnt really much in the way of ' food ' on this site .
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Had a phone call today - couple of my items were out of stock. They normally get through a handfull of pallets of stuff a day, after this posting their orders have gone up an awful lot!! He was a nice guy, quite chatty. He did say that stuff was normally put aside for the internet section, and this just caught them by surprise!!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • lesleyanne_3
    Options
    Had a phone call today - couple of my items were out of stock. They normally get through a handfull of pallets of stuff a day, after this posting their orders have gone up an awful lot!! He was a nice guy, quite chatty. He did say that stuff was normally put aside for the internet section, and this just caught them by surprise!!

I had the same phone call.
    Nice man.
  • sarah_elton
    sarah_elton Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No phone call yet - fingers crossed!
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    I too had a phone call from a nice lady

Things that were unavailable for me were terrys minty orange, j20 orange and passionfruit,after 8 sticks and twirls lol.
    I was offerred some near replacements or a refund.

I went for replacements :)
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    not all of it is that cheap, can get some of it in date on promotion for some prices esp the bicuits and cakes
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • saxoqueen
    Options
    Joined thi site and this is one ot the first posts that I found. :beer:
    Brilliant site. I'm not worried at all about using food that is in jars/packets etc that is beyond its sell by date.
    Spent about £20 but will keep an eye on the site for more bargains.
    Thankyou for posting it.
    :j
  • emujuice
    emujuice Posts: 930 Forumite
    Options
    ordered LOTS - luckily in the sheffield area so only pay £3 per 25kg! great for the tuckshop I run at work, hope the mars are still in stock as they're popular and hard to get at this price. Prices are similar to homebargains and stock is similar, but less hassle to get it delivered straight to work! :)
    thanks OP
  • markray007
    Options
    I got the same phone call as the others, with the same explanation, but im not fussed. I think they have generated quite a bit of business from this forum. I missed he discount code tho....oh well, next time!! He knew I was from this forum......maybe ill get lucky and they will apply the discount?????? Now, that would be superb customer service

Lets see what its like when it comes!
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
  • chardanna
    Options

I had call too, offered me cheaper delivery tho! yipee!
    Jan 2009 Wins: case of wine £40, Wall.E 2 Disk DVD £12! Tropic Thunder DVD £12!! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport