Really cheap food...however

Options
I have just stumbled across this website that sells really cheap food...however some of it is out of date or short dates.

Hope this helps someone

http://www.approvedfood.co.uk

Tracy:D

Comments

• Ragtimeplayer
    Options
    twise wrote: »
    I have just stumbled across this website that sells really cheap food...however some of it is out of date or short dates.

Hope this helps someone

http://www.approvedfood.co.uk

Tracy:D

Why did I click that link lol, now I have loads of stuff on its way to me and I said I wouldn't spend anymore money :rotfl:
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!
    Cigarettes NOT smoked = 240,945
    Smoke free days = 11 Years :T
    Cash saved so far = £125,45,11
  • FieryBlondeScot
    Options
    the pots noodes have a sell by date of july 08 and the uncles ben stir fry sauce is june 08 :confused:
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    Options
    cool i had a look does anyone else know of any more cash and carrys online?
  • lesley1960
    Options
    Is it legal to sell out of date food? , one of the problems with buying food stuff from a site like this is you will have no idea where this food has been , how it has travelled and how or where it has been stored
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    the pots noodes have a sell by date of july 08 and the uncles ben stir fry sauce is june 08 :confused:
    they're not selling any foods with 'use by' dates, so there shouldn't be any problems with them being dangerous

I'm sure Pot Noodles are so full of chemicals they're probably indestructible! & jarred sauces will definitely be much the same to eat way past their 'best by'
  • milliemonster
    Options
    lesley1960 wrote: »
    Is it legal to sell out of date food? , one of the problems with buying food stuff from a site like this is you will have no idea where this food has been , how it has travelled and how or where it has been stored
    I don't think its illegal, the supermarkets sell OOD stuff all the time, what a great site though!!!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • Missyy_2
    Missyy_2 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    they have gingerbread syrup for £2 a bottle, i paid £6 for a small bottle from Strabucks last xmas so i could make gingerbread lattes, expiry date is 2010 - bargain!!:beer:
    2008 WINS £5150.00
    2009 WINS £900+ so far
    THIS WILL BE MINE IN 2009: ITV Cash Win, Gas Barbeque, Spa Break:beer:
  • Approved_Food
    Approved_Food Posts: 215 Organisation Representative
    Options
    The pot noodles at approved food may be out of date but the quality of the products are guarantied and after all they are a dried item.

Remember, best before dates relate to the optimum quality of a product and not to be confused with "Used by" dates that land you in all sorts of trouble if you sell them... e.g fresh fish, meat & eggs.

Actually when you think about it, if its 10 times cheaper than Tesco where they are 83p each and (when you can by a case) at approved food they work out just over 8p each it speaks for its self.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Approved Food. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lesley1960
    Options
    just seen this description
    400g cream of chicken soup with a ring pull top.
    Old Country is a re-branding company who relables products. This soup has come to us in ASDA trays and we are assuming that is where it is from originally.

• chardanna
    Options
    My postcode is BH1, from below would you say I'm rate 1, dont want to order & get it wrong!

National Rate 1 - Most of the UK is covered by the National Rate 1 delivery zone. (coloured green on the map below) It includes the postcodes listed in the tables below in purple or green. if your postcode is listed, please select national rate 1. Delivery to these regions is £4.95 per 25kg.
    If you are within a purple zone but your postcode is not listed then select national rate 2

<DIV><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">
    AL (all)<SPAN lang=EN-GB>
    Jan 2009 Wins: case of wine £40, Wall.E 2 Disk DVD £12! Tropic Thunder DVD £12!! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure