Coal prices

Options

Comments

• abigbill
    abigbill Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've jsut signed that petition. Sad isn't it. No real take up. No one cares about coal prices. Please do you bit, see:
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Coal--Prices/
  • SEE
    SEE Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    abigbill wrote: »
    I've jsut signed that petition. Sad isn't it. No real take up. No one cares about coal prices. Please do you bit, see:
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Coal--Prices/
    The only thing I can think of is to spam the link around some forums:confused:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Halifax, taking the Xtra since 1853:rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • hawkwind
    hawkwind Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 July 2009 at 11:36PM
    Options
    Has anyone had any experience of this firm here.
    http://www.coaldelivery.co.uk/acatalog/housecoal_open_fires_multifuel_stoves.html

The prices whilst not great are actually better than buying local especially the 10kg bags.
    Realistically i can only store the sealed bags so its either risk paying a lot more once winters prices are added or buying bulk sealed bags now :(
  • dekh
    dekh Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    With a bit of persuasion CPL are selling 2 x 25KG sealed bags for the price of the 1 x 50kg open sack and with a summer discount.

Summer discount as opposed to winter price hike. :(

Worth a compare.
    :think:
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a CPL yard a few miles from here but according to their website they don't deliver to our area. Not going to expand their customer base about here via the web, that's for sure. :rotfl:
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • roscoepeko
    Options
    Hello all,

Just moved into a house with a open fire and currently burning 10kg bags from Tesco petro station @ £4 something - will now look to buy in a larger quantity from a local coal merchant- thank you !

Can anyone tell me about fire bricks, does eveyone use them ? anyone able to recomend which type to get and where from?

Mny thanks

Ross
  • SEE
    Options
    roscoepeko wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just moved into a house with a open fire and currently burning 10kg bags from Tesco petro station @ £4 something - will now look to buy in a larger quantity from a local coal merchant- thank you !

Can anyone tell me about fire bricks, does eveyone use them ? anyone able to recomend which type to get and where from?

Mny thanks

Ross
    Wilko do good cheap fire bricks:T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SEE
    Options
    hawkwind wrote: »
    Has anyone had any experience of this firm here.
    http://www.coaldelivery.co.uk/acatalog/housecoal_open_fires_multifuel_stoves.html

The prices whilst not great are actually better than buying local especially the 10kg bags.
    Realistically i can only store the sealed bags so its either risk paying a lot more once winters prices are added or buying bulk sealed bags now :(
    OMG!!!!:eek:That is so expensive. I've paid £160 per ton this summer and had two tons so hope it will last. Also have some lathes from people having new roofs, and some tree prunings. They are already saying this winter will be bitter cold:rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    SEE wrote: »
    OMG!!!!:eek:That is so expensive...

I need to agree! Even if you could buy the 25kg bags, it would be a little bit cheaper than buying 10kg at a time. Is there a reason that you can't buy it in loose bags rather than sealed? It's very unusual for a house that has to rely on coal for heating not to have space to store any fuel.
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • SEE
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    I need to agree! Even if you could buy the 25kg bags, it would be a little bit cheaper than buying 10kg at a time. Is there a reason that you can't buy it in loose bags rather than sealed? It's very unusual for a house that has to rely on coal for heating not to have space to store any fuel.
    If my coal shed fell down and I couldn't afford those plastic bunkers, I'd spend £40 on 4 metal dustbins and have a ton put in those. I should think 4 metal bins would hold a ton, and then just buy a small coal shovel.

Here's some here, but you'd get them cheaper from a hardware store than on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Galvanised-Steel-Dustbin-Waste-RECYCLE-Rubbish-Bin_W0QQitemZ370256953336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item563508bff8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills