Finished Baskets - Part 2

Comments

• thevicster
    thevicster Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    Just put in my facebook request too - my name is Vikki White
    I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I'm not around[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mary43 wrote: »
    Ooooer !! All this joining Facebook.......hope this doesn't mean you'll all disappear on Facebook ??????:eek:

hope so too mary. I have been on facebook for ages and never look at it! I can't keep up to date on here so if I had to look somewhere else as well:rotfl:
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    I have a problem which is probably easily rectified but I cannot for the life of me think how ...

For my MIL's birthday I have bought Satin PJ's, a big fluffy dressing gown, some slippers, a mulled wine kit and then there is a dvd in there aswell .... however the basket I have for it I can't fit it all in ... so do I go for the covered cardboard and try to produce something deeper/ bigger or do I buy a bigger basket? I have tried using the drossing gown on the bottom to puff things out a bit but then it just looks bare! .... any suggestions before I throw it all in the bin :rotfl: (can you tell it is annoying me that much!)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Rusty, what about folding the dressing gown up and putting it under the basket then tying it all together with ribbon over the top then cellophaning? If the box looks bare you could scrunch some tissue paper or wrapping paper imbetween?
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • RustyFlange
    The dressing gown is already folded and has ribbon wrapped around and I doubt I could make it any smaller by folding myself I don't think. I would prefer if everything was inside the box/basket as they are going on holiday on sunday and are away for her birthday so planned to get it done and take it round their house and leave it on the table for when they get home.

I think I just need to keep re arranging it all and hopefully find sometihng that works.

I can't believe what a pig this one is turning into!

Thanks for the suggestion, it may well come to that!
  • Oh dear Rusty, I am sure they will love it so much it will all seem worthwhile in the end.

Planning a nappy cake for a lady at work who is going on maternity leave, any tips? (I know it isn't a strictly a basket but would like help on what to include) :)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • RustyFlange
    Oh dear Rusty, I am sure they will love it so much it will all seem worthwhile in the end.

Planning a nappy cake for a lady at work who is going on maternity leave, any tips? (I know it isn't a strictly a basket but would like help on what to include) :)

The main ingredient is nappies ;)

blanket, sleepsuit, bib?, socks, bootees, teddy? any smellies (I prefer not to add these but others use them)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I've just asked to join the facebook group too!!!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    The dressing gown is already folded and has ribbon wrapped around and I doubt I could make it any smaller by folding myself I don't think. I would prefer if everything was inside the box/basket as they are going on holiday on sunday and are away for her birthday so planned to get it done and take it round their house and leave it on the table for when they get home.

I think I just need to keep re arranging it all and hopefully find sometihng that works.

I can't believe what a pig this one is turning into!

Thanks for the suggestion, it may well come to that!

This isn't going to sound right but can you sort of put the dressing gown in the basket at the back and have it sticking up so the whole of it isn't inside (cos it doesn't fit) and pop the other bits at the front? Does that make any sense...? :confused: So it's in the basket but not all of it.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport