BillyBear wrote: »
    Westy - seems like your an even bigger softie than me! :D

She is...but I am doing my best to toughen her up. :D
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • LouBlue wrote: »
    She is...but I am doing my best to toughen her up. :D

LOL - we all need someone like you in our lives!:D
  • Oh my.... This really is tell Westy off night :o Will be having a serious rethink
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • LouBlueLouBlue Forumite
    53.5K Posts
    BillyBear wrote: »

Up to a point...:D......though OH wouldn't agree at times, I am sure....:rotfl:
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • LouBlueLouBlue Forumite
    53.5K Posts
    Oh my.... This really is tell Westy off night :o Will be having a serious rethink

Only cos I love you. :D
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • BillyBear wrote: »

Like wot BB said :D :A
  • LouBlue wrote: »
    Only cos I love you. :D

Ta Lou :kisses3:
  • deb68_2deb68_2 Forumite
    302 Posts
    Our son left col in july waspaing £40 a week as he was getting £180 ormore,then had an argument with the bloke can be verychildish my son at 19 anyway he had to sign on so decided to give us £20 a week, then got another job but said well im not n at tea time so not eating your food, load of bull ate more then still paid £20 wk, then left for full time job away coming back in 2 weeks.Dont no wht will be happening then as he has an interview and tests to join the forces in dec.not go then just thetests etc.He seems to think he doesnt eat £20 worth of food NO he eats more, me n hubby do the washing, cleaning cooking shopping.Hubby getsreally mad with him ashe will stay in bed all day then up ll night given the chance.I was out age 16 husband in army t 16, seems these days kids get things much easier than we doI think you should charge him he has to learn or will be living with you for ever loltake care
    It's an honour having such a lovely family and being welsh, what more could a girl want :rotfl:
  • kpwllkpwll Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We take £150.00 per calendar month from our son, although he is 24 this is his 1st FT job as he has been in university. He lived at home and we 'kept' him while he was there, but he worked PT all through and didn't expect us to pay for anything else. (There were a few treats when money was available tho).
    He buys all his own clothes, toiletries, his snacks for work, runs a car (which he paid for), saves every month and is paying back his student loan.
    He has passed to enter the police, but due to funding, doesn't know when he will start.
    I know we could take more from him but as long as he is not squandering the rest we are happy to help.
  • i know i pay far too little (i give my mum 10% of my wages but she wont take any more). however, i do give her extra to do my washing and ironing because i simply dont have time during the week. if i lived on my own i'd do it at the weekend but she squeeks if i let it build up.

i also help clean and just do general bits around the house, will give my sister lifts home from school & take her out for tea occassionally. i think she appreciates this far more than extra board because it makes her life a bit easier!

she also said (rather oddly) she'd rather i spent my money on clothes and holidays because she had a mortgage and two kids at my age and would rather i spent it on myself before i have all that.
    :j TTC from September 08 / BFP November 08 / EDD 22nd July 09 :j
    OH's debt as of Sept 08 - £15,000 / Nov 08 - £13,500
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals