PPI Reclaiming discussion Part III

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Sues48 wrote: »
    Di, the card is still current and is used regularly but I don't keep the statements as once they have been paid each month I shred them. Should I be asking for the original agreement? and more to the point will they still have it from so far back? or just requesting copies of my statements from as far back as they have them? Sorry to be a pain but I don't want to look a fool by asking for the wrong stuff!
    Sue as this was 20 years ago I doubt very much whether you would be able to take this complaint to the FOS... Before you go any further maybe you could ring the FOS and ask them as you don't want to be sent on a wild goose chase for nothing in the end. Also if the FOS cannot help then I doubt you would be able to claim this back through the courts as this is so far back and the limitations act would be applied.

I am sorry to put a downer on your claim but I would not want you to spend more time and money on something and then get told in the end that you have not options of anywhere to take this after.

Sorry to be so blunt here but I know how stressful these things can get..
  • debs16
    debs16 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    hiya no she keeps fobbing me off she is a nitemare she has messed wit the wrong woman beleive me i will be paying her a visit in watford if she keeps oon heheh
    she didnt say how it was going to be paid yet but hopefully by cheque i keep asking her but she doesnt give me a straight reply this has been going on for weeks now it is so so stressful

thanks for listening xxx
  • debs16
    Options
    hiya no she keeps fobbing me off she is a nitemare she has messed wit the wrong woman beleive me i will be paying her a visit in watford if she keeps oon heheh
    she didnt say how it was going to be paid yet but hopefully by cheque i keep asking her but she doesnt give me a straight reply this has been going on for weeks now it is so so stressful

thanks for listening xxx
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    debs16 wrote: »
    its a bloodly nitemare i dont care if i am annoying the woman i am emailing her about ten times a day hehehe
    she sent me the letter on the 3rd october and she said i mighten get my cheque for xmas ,she is a nitemare .
    i will be emailing her again tommorow she said she is waiting for epf to give her the amount of interest i paid on the single prenium she just keeps making the excuse and i want my money arghhhhhh xxx
    and di sorry how come epf can charge so much interest please tell me i borrowed 25000 and am nearly paying back 90000 is that really that fair

Blimey thats a lot !:eek:
    Now that £25K is that with or without the ppi?

Mine was £21K loan and just under £3K in ppi, of course they add it in together as one monthly payment and so.

What year did you have your loan with EPF?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    Options
    its a bloodly nitemare i dont care if i am annoying the woman i am emailing her about ten times a day hehehe
    she sent me the letter on the 3rd october and she said i mighten get my cheque for xmas ,she is a nitemare .
    i will be emailing her again tommorow she said she is waiting for epf to give her the amount of interest i paid on the single prenium she just keeps making the excuse and i want my money arghhhhhh xxx
    and di sorry how come epf can charge so much interest please tell me i borrowed 25000 and am nearly paying back 90000 is that really that fair
    I know that the FOS are telling people about 6 weeks but they are also telling people these banks/finance companies are so busy with these complaints there is a backlog. I hope you get it sorted soon and maybe you will have to become a nuisance of sorts in order that they pay you soon to get rid of you. ALways be polite though..;)

I would say that is right for a loan of £25K... I borrowed £17K and would have paid back in the end £45K...It all depends on how much you borrow, over what length of time and also the APR you sign up to and of course the PPI does not help

Mine was over 160 months and we would have paid £45K but we settled at 39 months and paid them a total of £31500. These loans do not come cheap, I know...
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Sue as this was 20 years ago I doubt very much whether you would be able to take this complaint to the FOS... Before you go any further maybe you could ring the FOS and ask them as you don't want to be sent on a wild goose chase for nothing in the end. Also if the FOS cannot help then I doubt you would be able to claim this back through the courts as this is so far back and the limitations act would be applied.

I am sorry to put a downer on your claim but I would not want you to spend more time and money on something and then get told in the end that you have not options of anywhere to take this after.

Sorry to be so blunt here but I know how stressful these things can get..

May I also add on here for Sue, I am so so sorry and mis read on the year hunni.....:o , I must be more careful in future I think.
    But yes its advisable I think like what Marshallka said is to contact the FOS first, which may save you a lot of work here, again I deeply apologise.x
  • debs16
    Options
    we got the loan out in feb 2005 over 15 years at 352 a month the loan was 25000 and the ppi was 3575 but was added to the loan as a single prenium .
    it is a nitemare and is secured on the property and the only way we are going to pay it off is buying selling and it is getting a struggle paying it and if we are late they keep ringing up saying you know we can take your house .
    i really dont know it was the worst mistake of our life what a nitemare i get myself into .
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    May I also add on here for Sue, I am so so sorry and mis read on the year hunni.....:o , I must be more careful in future I think.
    But yes its advisable I think like what Marshallka said is to contact the FOS first, which may save you a lot of work here, again I deeply apologise.x
    Di, sue did not post the date earlier today, it was last week in a previous post. I am sure she will read it but you and I both know how stressful they can be and then to be told you have no recourse with the complaint is so upsetting.

This is like mine with Firstplus and why I have kept on at the FOS about the jurisidiction thing and then being told it was definately under "COMPULSORY" jurisdiction i relaxed a bit til last week when I received the email to say there are jurisdictions issues... I can't tell you how annoyed I am at this...:mad:
  • marshallka
    Options
    we got the loan out in feb 2005 over 15 years at 352 a month the loan was 25000 and the ppi was 3575 but was added to the loan as a single prenium .
    it is a nitemare and is secured on the property and the only way we are going to pay it off is buying selling and it is getting a struggle paying it and if we are late they keep ringing up saying you know we can take your house .
    i really dont know it was the worst mistake of our life what a nitemare i get myself into .
    Debs, its hard to get out of once you are in it... something like a bottomless pit I would say but lets hope you get somewhere with the PPI and can reduce it and then perhaps look to getting it repaid early as soon as you can. I really hope you win with this. You sound so fed up..I really feel for you..
  • di3004
    Options

Hun, I understand how you feel and the main of us feel the same and ripped off totally with these loans, oh yes they make us pay for them alright and more .......:mad: .
    I know its so annoying with them being quick enough ringing about the payments, they are soooooo slow with paying what is owed out.

Now don't let them scare you "take your house for you business", I know its worrying, but there are new rules at present about these matter which is also about treating customers fairly, will post this up when I find the post.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport