Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For those folk into mixing (see the friendly forum linked elsewhere on this thread) I discovered something very MSE the other day :)

Plastic shot glasses (from the £shop) can be used for decanting nic base/PG/VG before measuring (with a syringe) and are cheaper than medicine cups from the chemist

In a nutshell about 2p or 2.5p for the shot glasses (I think it's 40 for £1 or something) rather than 50p or so from the chemist :)

Only difference? Chemist ones go up to 30ml - shot glasses are about 25ml
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oddly, I can go for absolutely hours without a puff when out with my pouch, yet when I was smoking I'd be driven distracted without my fags or baccy. Many times when out with the vaping gear I come back hours later and realise I haven't had a puff all day.

Interesting you say this, because I've thought the exact same before. I use the e-cig when I want, not because I feel like I need to. Very different to regular cigarettes.
  • marble_head
    Options
    I've been on them for a year now and the best place for me to find information about vaping was Planet of the vapes - lots of information on mixing your own liquids, there is a competitions forum and classifieds where I have picked up a few used items too. I had smoked for 20 years and thought I would never give up, could not believe how easy it was. I can't say it has worked out cheaper for me than smoking but then I do like gadgets and as the gear is rapidly developing then it is a compulsive buyer's nightmare :D All I can say is what others have said, mixing your own saves a fortune and there is a lot of second hand gear about now. Good luck to all you smokers out there still, it's never too late to give up.
  • smilerdg
    Options
    Coming up to year 2 on e cigs and havent looked back once! Best thing since sliced bread! Just be careful with cheap stuff, may seem cheap at the time but when it doesnt last half as long as a genuine product it soon starts adding up and not to mention the electronics safety of the cheaper ones!
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    smilerdg wrote: »
    Coming up to year 2 on e cigs and havent looked back once! Best thing since sliced bread! Just be careful with cheap stuff, may seem cheap at the time but when it doesnt last half as long as a genuine product it soon starts adding up and not to mention the electronics safety of the cheaper ones!
    Definitely not worth while to cheap out on cheap batteries (for safety reasons) or even go too cheap on consumables. I found some of the cheap re-coils from fasttech, etc didn't last too long either.
    As for the cheap e-liquids - bleurgh - gawd nose what's in them.
  • Erme
    Options
    Definitely not worth while to cheap out on cheap batteries (for safety reasons) or even go too cheap on consumables. I found some of the cheap re-coils from fasttech, etc didn't last too long either.
    As for the cheap e-liquids - bleurgh - gawd nose what's in them.

So true. Mixing your own can seem a little daunting (when I started it I was in full body armour. Plastic apron; plastic gloves the works!) but if you are debt busting well worth it.

One thing I do know is that e-cigs were key in getting me out of debt! Even though they have changed a lot since then (3.5 years ago) they are still one of the best ways I know for reducing stinkie spends. Just remember they don't have the same tax as stinkies!!!. Think of that!

I started on a £15 e-cig back in the day and my budget back then was about £20 for an e-cig. (plus top bits and batteries). If you want a very basic e-cig with a top bit (tank atty) there's still good buys to be had but get on a friendly forum for advice. Vaping caters for all budgets and it's a whole new world out there.

If you want to 'try before you buy' find a vape shop. Don't buy the cheap e-liquids that pop up in any high st. You don't know what's in them! mixing your own is preferable over that and remember safety first though don't be scared of mech (mechanical) mods as when I started there were only 2 choices - cigalike or mech. Mech soon won me over. A variable power e-cig was out of my budget. it had to be done! :A
  • catalina66
    catalina66 Posts: 653 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2015 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Hi

I very recently heard about eShisha Club, who have awesome customer service, but am finding I get through a 6mg in about 4 hours [max 25 Old Holborn roll ups usually). Lovely tastes, but needing to charge up every 2 hours, and still needing some roll ups. eShisha do a 12mg tobacco flavour, but I'm finding I don't want that taste ... other flavours are so nice.

Thanks to everyone for various tips and links in this thread. A total newb, but after reading a lot, I've gone for this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00S5DOXKW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.ego-two.com/ego-ii-lumia-edition.html

Also some 18mg and 24mg JooseJuice 10ml samples.

Very excited at the thought of leaving roll ups behind, and all the health benefits on the way. Has anyone else tried one of these? I wanted max battery, with finding I run out of battery so quickly with the eShisha e-cigs.
  • Erme
    Options
    That seems quite expensive for a beginner kit and you will need 2 batteries (or more) - one on charge whilst you use one. I regularly use 2-3 batteries a day. Doesn't bother me. Just charge them in the evening.

Maybe something more regulated and like cheaper would help?

Google all about e-cigarettes (proboards) for a really nice friendly forum that will really help you cat. It's listed somewhere on here but I have no idea where and you'll get more support than you will on here though note we are here for you :)

This is so doable. I have gone from a 25g a day rollie smoker to e-cigs and hardly smoked in 3.5 years :)

I have a name for that - result!
  • catalina66
    catalina66 Posts: 653 Forumite
    Options
    Erme wrote: »
    That seems quite expensive for a beginner kit and you will need 2 batteries (or more) - one on charge whilst you use one. I regularly use 2-3 batteries a day. Doesn't bother me. Just charge them in the evening.

Maybe something more regulated and like cheaper would help?

Google all about e-cigarettes (proboards) for a really nice friendly forum that will really help you cat. It's listed somewhere on here but I have no idea where and you'll get more support than you will on here though note we are here for you :)

This is so doable. I have gone from a 25g a day rollie smoker to e-cigs and hardly smoked in 3.5 years :)

I have a name for that - result!

Thanks Erme :beer: Good advice. Excited about getting rid of the cigs, so had ordered already, but waiting to decide re 2nd battery (the 2200mAh is supposed to last 2-3 days) as I have quite a few eShisha Club cartridges still to use up. Have been finding with the eShisha Club e-cig that cartridges last 4 hours, and the batteries I got with that kit (2) need charging every 2 hours, similar to you needing to use 2-3 a day.

Will definitely look up proboards. Thanks. And well done about hardly smoking in 3.5 years! That's definitely a great result. :money:
  • Erme
    Options
    So many ways you can spend but equally save Cat on e-cigs...

e-cigs suit every budget - I know I wouldn't be debt free without them.

Set yourself a budget and go from there.....

and keep us updated and check me out on the friendly e-cig forum

Laie_7.gif

E
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing