Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• MorrenCraige
    Options
    Take the plunge and even if you do see a slightly better bargain in a few days you'll already have your kit and have saved money you would have spent on real cigs.Pop your money in a pot and watch it build up I have a good stash in an old coffee jar it's a great incentive..
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Options
    If you smoke, try E Cigs.

I recommend specially made modded equipment, ratehr than the 99p specials at pound world.

Get yourself a complete kit, this is what you will need:

1. Tank (recommend Vision Vivi Nova, Protank or the Aspire Nautilus.
    2. Charger lead - standard model is fine.
    3. USB plug, or the USB socket on your laptop/iphone charger, etc
    4. Battery - recommend itaste MVP, or a Smok 1300mah VV, or a 900mah standard.
    5. Coils - recommend usual standard coils.
    6. E liquid - reputable ones, i like Dekang juice.
    7. Willingness to stick with it and kill the old cig habit.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • scot88
    scot88 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Really good advice.:T
  • scot88
    scot88 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Widelats wrote: »
    If you smoke, try E Cigs.

I recommend specially made modded equipment, ratehr than the 99p specials at pound world.

Get yourself a complete kit, this is what you will need:

1. Tank (recommend Vision Vivi Nova, Protank or the Aspire Nautilus.
    2. Charger lead - standard model is fine.
    3. USB plug, or the USB socket on your laptop/iphone charger, etc
    4. Battery - recommend itaste MVP, or a Smok 1300mah VV, or a 900mah standard.
    5. Coils - recommend usual standard coils.
    6. E liquid - reputable ones, i like Dekang juice.
    7. Willingness to stick with it and kill the old cig habit.

Really good advice
  • thedalmeny
    thedalmeny Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    For anyone that wants to make a "step up" e-cigarette wise, i would highly recommend the Joyetech emode. It is expensive at £80-£100 dependent on discount codes - but i purchased mine from Totally Wicked.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/e-lectron-s-products.html

It's discounted to £80 for the kit currently.

Liquid wise, you want to use 70/30 with this. Personally i get my liquid from either Totally Wicked or Vapeescape as they use 70/30 mix.
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Please totally wicked is one of the most expensive vendors around there. Plus I disagree with some of their marketing as a christian and it's gotten worse in the last few years :(

But there is a good forum for plenty of other vendors and lots of advice

http://www.aaec.com (hope that's right)
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • The_moor_man
    Options
    BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. VIP THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAWS OF THE LAND. I purchased a new battery from these cowboys on 12 March 2014. After 2 days I fell into 2 pieces and therefore I returned it to there shop, WITH the reciept. Due to work commitments this wasn't returned for 2 weeks. When I asked for a replacement, a replacement, not a refund. I was categorically told that they would not do this. Even though they have a 28 day returns policy, which was displayed in the shop AND I HAD MY RECIEPT. This is a smack in the face for UK consumer law. Which states that ANY item bought which is damaged/unfit for purpose, the consumer has the RIGHT to return the item for replacement or refund. I even spoke to the "area manager" from the shop via a customer advisors moblie. This area manager also refused a replacement. VIP should have replaced the battery and taken up the matter with their supplier/manufacturer. THIS WAS not done.
    In the shop there was even a book for customer comments. Where others had complained about VIP's returns policy. There was a hand written "managers reply" that even laid out their 28 day returns policy. When I quoted this I was still fobbed off.
    For the sake of them replacing the £12.99 battery they have now lost £100's of worth of sales. Because of their beligerent attitude and failure to comply with consumer law I will never ever EVER buy another product fron VIP. After research there are very similar and cheaper options available. And because of the growing popularity of vapping there are more produts than ever on the market and more competitively price. VIP you have well and truly deficated in your own nest.
  • Erme
    Options
    Don't forget the friendly forum (sorry I quoted the wrong url in my last post)

http://www.aae-c.co.uk

(keep me right someone :D)
  • unicornrock
    Options
    its trial and error really in finding a good brand as well as a company that will support you should you want to change etc.
    i found that for me, they work, although at 1st i was smoking them everywhere where i dont usually smoke :P
    and, my mum and family LOVE them! and theyve stuck and save stupid amounts of money.
    mum was on 20 a day richmond superkings so about £7a-day.. and now she spends about a tenner/£15 a week on liquid.
    we tried elites and didnt like the taste, totally wicked are great with their choices, but sometimes confusing on the way they make prices go up and down.
    research is king! and if you have a local shop its nice to go try the flavours before u buy (like we did)
    i liked the vype brand..
    skycigs were nice and explained stuff but seemed to be a little 'we are the rulers on ecigs' which scared me a little
    best4ecigs were helpful and let us try before we buy.

i found that the liquid was best cause i can see how much i have and not panic that it might be running low.
    the vg and pg stuff is different. most sites explain that one is smoother and one creates more vape.

i do stick with the same brand of liquid and cigarette because im a stickler for ordering everyone online once ive found something i like (and its cheaper)

so yeh, hope that helps! oh, and if you buy a cartridge one, and you do want to go onto liquid after a while, buy a clearomiser :) ... great tip! and theres dirt cheap and u dont have to buy a whole new kit saving you loads ££££ :)

would recc a call to like skycigs / best4ecigs and have a chat with them xxx
  • Erme
    Options
    That sounds a bit like glorified spamming

there are lots of sites out there - that is true. But the cheapest option and most MSE is to dilute and mix your own liquid.

Also there is a lot more choice than just cartos and clearos. clearos are really entry level these days. Cartos are antiquated but have their uses.

It's a whole new world out there with regards to e-cigs. Best find a friendly and knowledgeable forum and go from there. Yes I agree with research but I don't like totally wicked as their marketing goes against my faith. Also they are expensive :(....

This is MSE remember :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts