Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all....

Just celebrating my 3 years vaping (on e-cigs) this am

E-cigs are right now the way to go if you are struggling to quit the stinkies...

They can be as cheap or as expensive as you'd like. Because of having to buy everything mail order when I first started it helped my budget and costs a fraction of the cost of smoking.....

Hence I'm now debt free :D

I don't buy any e-cig that looks like a cigarette and only buy from recommended vendors that have been recommended on an e-cig forum (not here....too many spammers on this thread) but still....I don't think I'd have quit with one that looks like a cigarette.

I didn't quit overnight. took some playing to find my right nicotine concentration but then I quit. Even so I was only smoking every 3 weeks at first - huge success!!!

Look at the past few pages and find a very helpful and kind information forum on e-cigs if you would like to find out more (please note this forum is not sponsored or funded by anyone!!!)

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • Jitterbug123
    Jitterbug123 Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I tried one that looked like a cigarette with the cartridges. I didn't like it, and I still smoked.

I picked up one of the refillable liquid ones, and I have basically completely stopped smoking proper cigarettes now. It's taken me a while to not smoke a proper cigarette if out drinking with friends, but I am there now.

I have also started lowering the nicotine amount in the liquid, and am intending to go down again on next bottle.
  • Bensonada
    Options
    I like smoking but always prefer electronic [FONT=&quot]cigarette because ecigrattes are not so much harmful as compare to normal.[/FONT]
  • pixie76
    pixie76 Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I have been using the VIP cigarettes for a few months now & am actually starting to prefer them to cigarettes! The only problem is that the cartomizers are £10.00 for a box of five . Are there any online cartomizers I can buy which will fit a VIP cigarette.
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ :EasterBun
  • mrsmontrose22
    Options
    I first tried eciggs a few years ago but didnt stick at it Then just over 2 years ago I got the chest infection from hell and knew I had to stop smoking 'real' ciggies. A friend at work recommended a different make "Smokers Angel" - no faffing about filling up with oil this one looked like a real ciggie. Cut a long story short - I bought a starter pack in April 2014 - havnt smoked a real ciggie since and thats a miracle coming from a die hard 20 a day smoker. Its really just a case of setting your mind to believing you are smoking a ciggie as thats what worked for me - I even had a cache of 2 packs just in case but never put another real one in my mouth once I got the smokers angel (menthol in my case) I havnt kicked the smoking habit one little bit really just not real fags :-) No more smelly hair, breath and clothes Worked for me. Hope it does for you. If you want to try them they have a discount voucher code for the refills but usually send you a card with your first lot 1955 is the code. told friend about them and her mum on 40 a day hasnt had one ciggie since she took them up. Big bonus - havnt had a cold in over 2 years so no chest infections either Good luck
  • Melonade
    Melonade Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    pixie76 wrote: »
    Hi

I have been using the VIP cigarettes for a few months now & am actually starting to prefer them to cigarettes! The only problem is that the cartomizers are £10.00 for a box of five . Are there any online cartomizers I can buy which will fit a VIP cigarette.

Just had a look on the VIP website. Are the ones you have with the big battery on the bottom or the ones that look like a cigarette?

I'm not sure if most batteries are pretty standard. But I use an egoT battery with a pro tank mini on top. I prefer the pro tank because I just buy spares for it like a pack of 5 wicks and your all set. The wicks last ages too and it comes with a couple of spare seals if I remember right.
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • Haifa582
    Haifa582 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    e cigs don't smell, the only harmful substance is nicotine, so I think this could be a good choice. and in longer perspective, tehy become much cheaper than regular cigarettes.
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    pixie76 wrote: »
    Hi

There are lots of options compared to VIP cigarettes.

Go to the friendly forum (look for karma something's post or google all about e-cigarettes and look for the UK forum. Is hosted by proboards) and ask/research away :T

I don't know what cartomizers will fit a VIP cigarette but I know this is an expensive and not very MSE way of going down the e-cig route

Blessings

E
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 November 2014 at 6:06PM
    Options
    sorry for zombie thread but wondered f anyone can help

if i plug my battery in to charge, the light on the charger goes green straight away, despite the battery being dead. I thought it was the charger so bought a new one, same happened with that. I then exchanged that for another and same happened again, even bought a third charger elsewhere and am still having the same problem! Have tried googling but to no avail. If anyone has suggestions they would be most welcome! :o

cant get om that other forum as apparently my ip address is blocked despite the fact ive never even been on it before??
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    I would suggest a faulty battery...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure