Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Meepster wrote: »
    I would suggest a faulty battery...
    Hmm could be, shall get another battery tomorrow and hope for the best! The one ive been trying to charge is a few months old so probably dead. The one currently in use is newer, only about 2 weeks old so shall see if that charges when it runs out. If not new battery it is. I mean the chances are i can't have got 3 faulty chargers surely?

thank for the suggestion :)
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    Hmm could be, shall get another battery tomorrow and hope for the best! The one ive been trying to charge is a few months old so probably dead. The one currently in use is newer, only about 2 weeks old so shall see if that charges when it runs out. If not new battery it is. I mean the chances are i can't have got 3 faulty chargers surely?

thank for the suggestion :)

Clean the connections on the charger and battery. The slightest muck build-up prevents proper charging.
  • jeaniej52
    Options
    sorry for zombie thread but wondered f anyone can help

if i plug my battery in to charge, the light on the charger goes green straight away, despite the battery being dead. I thought it was the charger so bought a new one, same happened with that. I then exchanged that for another and same happened again, even bought a third charger elsewhere and am still having the same problem! Have tried googling but to no avail. If anyone has suggestions they would be most welcome! :o

cant get om that other forum as apparently my ip address is blocked despite the fact ive never even been on it before??

Tried to PM you but you message box is full.

I think it might be that the centre pin needs on your battery needs lifting a little. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeBa-1GYDp4

Hope that sorts it for you.:)
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't believe anything from the WHO re e-cigs. The basic arguments against are not MSE...they are about big pharma and taxes and the science is really dubious

If you have been given an e-cig this holiday season look at Karma's posts on here about a really friendly info forum that will give you all the tips you need to get up and running (and more) and enjoy a healthier and happier life.

I've been vaping for 3 years and no chest infections in that time (chest infection every 3 months prior). Nuff said

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Erme wrote: »
    Cartos are antiquated but have their uses.

I hear this quite a bit, but after some 3-4 years of having an e-cig, I still like them more than anything else I've tried. They just taste better to me, and they're basically a no maintenance option too. Maybe it's just me who still prefers them. I mostly use V2 and smartcigs stuff, which generally seem to be well regarded cartomiser based e-cigs.
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    I find cartos are the most economical way in terms of juice usage, but the cartos don't last very long compared to a replaceable coil head device. Otoh, the coil head devices (Vivi Nova, etc) are relatively greedy in juice. Swings and roundabouts, but for out and about, the carto is unbeatable.
  • Erme
    Options
    depending on your tank I find a 1oz hip flask (few pounds from e***Y) really useful for out and about. Obviously this won't be practical with tanks that need a needle to fill but still

But if you do have those just get a needle bottle (china :D)
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    Oh, I have a little juice bottle in my pouch (which is just a glasses case) along with a couple of spare cartos and spare 900mAh battery. With that lot I'm not worried about how long I'd be out.
    Oddly, I can go for absolutely hours without a puff when out with my pouch, yet when I was smoking I'd be driven distracted without my fags or baccy. Many times when out with the vaping gear I come back hours later and realise I haven't had a puff all day.
    I need to get more spares for Kanger K2 and K3, as they are perfect outdoor devices for me. The K2 seems to have been abandoned by most stores.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Delayed reply but thanks for the advice given before, i watched the video and lifted the pin and gave it a clean et voila it worked. :D and its charging properly now

I have no idea what my ecig comes under, all i know is that i replace the "metal bit" (everytime i go into the shop i'm like " can i have one of the little metal things please"), and that costs me about £2.99 about every month. I tend to buy the bigger bottle of e liquid at £12.99 but they are equivalent to 3 smaller bottles and last me ages. I use Mirage ones, though don't know if they are just a local brand to me.

Would be interested in whether there are cheaper quality liquids available online.
  • Erme
    Options
    xXMessedUpXx mixing your own is the cheapest way. Also if you can rebuild the 'metal bit' that also saves £££. I mix my own and rebuild. I think I got a good clone of something (though you can get protank 2's for about £8?) for about £30 and I rebuild that using wire and cotton wool. Saves me a fortune :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business