Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

Options

Comments

• fredhaben
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Please while I know everyone else is worried - if you can survive until friday without being impacted then do so, the only way this'll work is if it is no more than two or three people - if I get bombarded then frankly there's no chance.

After a fairly long session with my bank manager, he's agreed to increase my overdraft significantly until the KE money comes in, so I'm safe for now, and no longer the nervous wreck I've been since yesterday. :beer:

But many many thanks to Martin for being willing to make the effort of contacting ING - knowing that was available as a fallback made the discussions with my bank much easier. Martin, you have a new lifelong fan. :T
    CHAPS to Natwest: sent 9/10, RECEIVED 22/10 at 16.35
  • fredhaben
    Options
    henden wrote: »
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006' Overflow: 'Cint' /listrequests.asp, line 275
    This is the erro message I get on the KE website when trying to access VIEW SECURE MESSAGES.. anyone else getting this problem? (I only have this prob on KE).
    I've had this problem since the 9th. I guess there aren't any technical staff at KE to fix it.
    CHAPS to Natwest: sent 9/10, RECEIVED 22/10 at 16.35
  • tangocharlie
    Options
    This has nothing to do with KE / ING, ING has no access to the accounts of KE as yet, the money 'lost' is being handled by the administrators who are presumably responsible to no-one at all !

Just spoken to the manager at KE call centre, he says he has asked (and had no reply), "if money is released on thurs and START to be transferred Friday when will they all be transferred". He also stated no payments would be made between now and friday if they are stuck as mine is they will be paid at the earliest on Friday.

He also says the administrators will NOT access any individual account data with lost payments, so nobody can give any assurance as to when mine or all payments will be made.

Getting more than a little upset now
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    I received forms from the Financial Ombudsman Service, but I am going to wait until Friday, after speaking to Alastair Hemmings from ING last night, he confirmed to me that ALL money will leave ING by Thursday. They are working to resolving the situation and are taking our comments etc onboard. I know it seems unfair to those of us who are waiting, but just give it until Friday, I do feel that we should all have our money by then.
  • WiseBuzyBee
    Options
    Hi all,

Very encouraging to see all those of you who've finally got your dosh.
    Whoever is keeping 'the list' - please can you add me?
    7/10 CHAPS £17k transfer out
    8/10 Showing as left my KE account
    20/10 £20 CHAPS fee refunded to KE account
    21/10 - money still not reached my NatWest account.

Thx very much. Trying to stay calm but its not easy - I keep roller-coasting from calm to panicky, to frantic and back to resigned hopelessness. If it doesn't reach my a/c this Friday I'm sure I will blow a gasket! Aaargh. ug...ug...
    :(
  • Smitty
    Smitty Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the only slightly positive side of this for me is that I am waiting for my AA savings account to be opened up. So IF we do get our cash back, and 6.36% interest is paid until it hits my bank... every day of anguish waiting for my cash has made me £1.62 ! (Due to difference in interest rates of KE and Hal sav account). + a CHAPS refund - fingers crossed :):)
  • joanniepony
    Options
    bigg wrote: »
    Excellent, Pic please :D

Are we allowed to post pictures here? If so, how? If not I can send you a link the the what car website, but I can't imagine you'd be THAT interested.

I'm feeling a 1000% better than I was this time yesterday, so I'm hoping everyone will have equally good news soon.

I saw a few people were suggesting sending our refunded CHAPS fee +/or interest to a charity. Well, after the pact I made with the fickle gods of fate, and in return for them magicing my money into my account, I will be donating to Cancer Research UK. I only have this money because my Mum lost her fight against cancer last year, so I think I'll be doing the right thing, and I'm not waiting until the day any hypothetical interest or CHAPs fee turns up either. That could be a long time in coming.
    CHAPS 8/10 received Halifax 20/10
    BACS 18/11 (£30) (actioned 19/11) received CHAPS Halifax 21/11
    BACS 24/11 (£50) (actioned 25/11) received Halifax 28/11

Stercus accidit:cool:
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This has nothing to do with KE / ING, ING has no access to the accounts of KE as yet, the money 'lost' is being handled by the administrators who are presumably responsible to no-one at all !

Just spoken to the manager at KE call centre, he says he has asked (and had no reply), "if money is released on thurs and START to be transferred Friday when will they all be transferred". He also stated no payments would be made between now and friday if they are stuck as mine is they will be paid at the earliest on Friday.

He also says the administrators will NOT access any individual account data with lost payments, so nobody can give any assurance as to when mine or all payments will be made.

I don't understand why we have to wait till Friday - if someone could explain that, I'd feel a lot better. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen Friday and we'll have another weekend to wait...
  • AB31
    AB31 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to bump this but I'd be interested to find out if any 13 October and later transfer requests have been received. If not it looks like they're processing the backlog in some kind of chronological order.
    AB31 wrote: »
    Has anyone received payment who made their request (whether by BACS or CHAPS) on or after 13 October? I can't see anyone who has notified on this, but the thread is long it's difficult to be sure.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I’ve read most of the posts on this thread and if you don’t get a stock answer, you’ll get something they think up on the spot.

This is a rollercoaster ride. Hold on tight, you’ll soon be getting off. Easy for me to say but I feel more confident this week than I have since the beginning of this fiasco.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure