Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

Options

Comments

• asavory1969
    Options
    I like thousands others it seems have still not recived my payment into my linked accound having requested a CHAP's on 7th October. Like most other people I have received no individual response from ING Direct over when I will be receiving my money despite making a complaint over 5 working days ago as per their complaints procedure.... have contacted the financial ombudsman but it seems ING can do what they like with my money for up to 8 weeks and only then will they assist. Outrageous!! Contacted the FSA, I asked how to verify ING's latest update on their website i.e. that my money with Kaupthing Edge administrators? Was advised;

Kaupthing Edge Bank is NOT in ADMINISTRATION?!! Only the parent company. What is going on....? Seems to me we are being mislead by ING? FSA suggested contacting the Dutch regulator to investigate further at which point I needed to go into a darkened room for a lie down!!

I fear ING could fail before I get my money out and then I am in the hands of the Dutch regulator?! How could the government agree to an ING takeover without guarantees of UK customers getting their money?!
  • katybull86
    Options
    henden wrote: »
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006' Overflow: 'Cint' /listrequests.asp, line 275

This is the erro message I get on the KE website when trying to access VIEW SECURE MESSAGES.. anyone else getting this problem? (I only have this prob on KE).

Hi

I've been getting that same error message each time I've tried to access them for over a week now. I assume their messaging system is overloaded.

Cheers
  • Chilledout50
    Options
    Not sure if I fit into your theory chilledout50. I got my money yesterday, but still have a few hundred in my account and more than I transferred in a fixed term bond.

For what it's worth and rightly or wrongly, I'm not contemplating moving any more money in the near future. I like to be able to view it when I log onto my KE account, it gives me peace of mind. I don't want to spend another 2 weeks worried sick as to where it gone to. I'll leave that for another time.

I don't suppose anyone remembers but way back in the old forum I mooted the point that the money was only being given to ING in dribs and drabs, and unfortunately, it looks like I was right.

Sorry no-one's got anything today. I just hope you all don't have to wait too much longer.

@bigg - got the new car (well, newer than anything I've ever had before) -it's all shiny-shiny!
    Yeah - the way i see it the few hundred pounds would have gone to ING and the withdrawls you made fullfilled. Point I am making is that I think as they get the batches of money it is being assigned to accounts in some random order. In any one account any balances go to ING and withdrawals are paid.

oh well it is only theory anyway, with a bit of luck next week i can stop spending so much time thinking about what is going on
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can’t see a button for ‘VIEW SECURE MESSAGES’???

Where is it? :confused:

I was tempted by the £5,000,000.00 36 month term deposit though. :D
  • zaphod_beeblebrox_2
    Options
    GuitarMan wrote: »
    Hi All

Still my wife and I await a 6 fig sum we sought to tfr out of K/E via CHAPS on the 7th Oct.............we are off to Dublin 2moz for a couple of days and hope to return to find our life savings have been returned to the rightful owner. Had it not been for the support we gain from this website I doubt if we would have done anything other than hit the phone, drink coffee and have endless sleepless nights. So thanks to all and do please keep it up.

Hang-in there GuitarMan, mine was a chaps for £271k 7th Oct @11:20 and arrived yesterday
  • Chilledout50
    Options
    I like thousands others it seems have still not recived my payment into my linked accound having requested a CHAP's on 7th October. Like most other people I have received no individual response from ING Direct over when I will be receiving my money despite making a complaint over 5 working days ago as per their complaints procedure.... have contacted the financial ombudsman but it seems ING can do what they like with my money for up to 8 weeks and only then will they assist. Outrageous!! Contacted the FSA, I asked how to verify ING's latest update on their website i.e. that my money with Kaupthing Edge administrators? Was advised;

Kaupthing Edge Bank is NOT in ADMINISTRATION?!! Only the parent company. What is going on....? Seems to me we are being mislead by ING? FSA suggested contacting the Dutch regulator to investigate further at which point I needed to go into a darkened room a lie down for a while!!

What is going on??? Fear is ING could fail before I get my money out and then I am in the hands of the Dutch regulator?! How could the government agree to an ING takeover with guarantees of UK customers getting their money?!
    It is in administration - I think. ING took over the accounts based on the FSCS payments, so surely it must be in administration for the FSCS to kick in
  • robborollover
    Options
    Still no money trransferred either lols, hang on in there lets all join hands, hmmm just thought how far will this reach john o groats to lands end do you think ?????
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JCB_Digger wrote: »
    Hi, check out post #1048 - TheFury had the £20 refunded to his KE account.

I give up, what’s the answer? :confused:
  • condoran
    condoran Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    moonshine wrote: »
    yes, I get that as well :confused:

It's been like that for 12 days. Too much of an inconveienc for them.
  • Chilledout50
    Options
    Still no money trransferred either lols, hang on in there lets all join hands, hmmm just thought how far will this reach john o groats to lands end do you think ?????
    well i am on the south coast, where are you i will put my arm in the right direction and see if it reaches
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure