We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

1…3334363839…444

Comments

  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    I am hoping that we don't see any more rats - I was only reading in the paper yesterday how there are now more rats in this country than people:eek:

    I wish I could get motivated - I really should be cracking on with my assignments but I am getting bored with them now:rolleyes:
    Semper in faeces profundum variat

    Make £5 a day challenge Oct 2014 £126.00/£155
    Make £5 a day challenge Nov 2014 £157.40/£150
    Make £10 a day challenge Dec 2014 £392.90/£310
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    carbonel wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm a bit late in today due to work commitments so can I have whatever's left over in the bun/cake/biscuit line, and a large hot choc with marshmallows to keep me going:T (money on counter, thank you)

    No problem there!

    Dragon - do you have a Disabled Living Centre near you, they should be able to supply ferrules (usually free if your stick/crutches are supplied on loan), or have you tried Nottingham Rehab, Ways and Means, Homecraft (Google will get you the details, or PM me and I will get them for you)?

    I have never even heard of this! I actually ended up buying my own crutches as they were going to charge me £5 a week for them (and they cost me £30 in January 2007! :eek:), I think I have found somewhere on line that I can order from so I may do that tomorrow (if the modem stops doing its tart's knickers bit!)

    If everybody else's cats need a day off from rat/mouse catching I have four :eek: felines who could do with getting off their backsides in a good cause:rotfl:. They take lolling about to the extreme, specially in the cold and wet weather.

    Pauvre puss cats! you cruel mean heartless owner you! :rotfl: - do you think they need Cat Boot Camp with the ones on here that do go mousing?


    Okay who is for a mug/bowl of warm soup and a laced hot chocolate? (topped with fresh grated chocolate of choice)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • PinkJenn
    PinkJenn Posts: 122 Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]i am here[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]i am all yours,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]burden me with your fears[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]and lean on my shoulders.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]as your heart trembles[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]and your body pains[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]cry without shame,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]let me be there.[/FONT]


    (c) G.



    Just something for all friends here in the cafe ...

    Thank you xxx
    My initials are JR on Facebook

    Crocks Club Member number 16 :p
  • Rebel
    Rebel Posts: 189 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thought I'd pop in and say hello, I dont talk about being disabled because I hate people feeling sorry for me (can do that myself if I want to) and it makes other people uncomfortable anyway.

    Spinal damage from a RTA by the way, drunk driver wanted the whole road and drove straight into my car...at speed.

    Anyway that will do about me, is there any tea around here? (black 2 sugars please)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Rebel wrote: »
    Thought I'd pop in and say hello, I dont talk about being disabled because I hate people feeling sorry for me (can do that myself if I want to) and it makes other people uncomfortable anyway.

    Spinal damage from a RTA by the way, drunk driver wanted the whole road and drove straight into my car...at speed.

    Anyway that will do about me, is there any tea around here? (black 2 sugars please)

    No problem with the tea (help yourself to shug pet!) and join the club, I am also now disabled because of a speeding drink driver *sigh*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hello Rebel, and welcome. I'm disabled due to a speeding driver (he wasn't drunk just in a hurry) I got a spinal injury, but when they did the MRI scans they found I had a silent degenerative spinal condition that the accident had accelerated. They said that I would probably have been in this position in ten years time anyway (oh, so that's okay then!!!)

    *makes herself a chip buttie and a mug of coffee laced with something strong and settled down for the night shift*
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

    I am so so cold. A nice big mug of hot choclate for me please.
    Horace I definately wouldn't put my teddy in the microwave!!! Teds is certainely good at hugs when I feel really bad.
    See you all when I wake up again.xxx

    Big Thanks Daisyxxxx
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Good Morning Magenta - Here have some chocolate fingers to dunk in your hot chocolate.

    I think it might have been Alto who had the microwave teddies - if you check out the first and second pages of this thread, he posted a link. (I'd do it myself, but my laptop is running so slowly that it would be lunchtime before I got back!)

    Right, can someone keep the coffee perker topped up please?

    See you all later

    Daisy xx
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning all, another cold one here today, though its supposed to warm up a little soon. I could really do with a chip buttie and big mug of tea please.

    I bought a wheatie lamb a few years ago, but he's so cute and cuddly that I've never had the heart to put him in the microwave :o

    right, I've topped up the coffee and wiped the counter, plumped the cushions and folded the blankets, think I'll just turn the heater up a bit ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    shuffles in.........head hung low......it was me with the micro teddies 38yr old bloke!!

    Mind you I paid £9.99 at my local esso garage they are selling the same teddies for £3.99


    Morning all hope everyone is as well as can be...........
    and could I please join your exclusive old crocs club?

    Phil
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.