The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Options

Comments

• suep
    suep Posts: 782 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, I sat up late and watched True Blood on Channel 4 last night, apart from the rude bits :o it looks good.

My backs feeling much better today, problem is I've got dgd this afternoon again, I will try and be more careful and take LW's advice about sitting down to cuddle her. It's not for much longer as dil will be giving up work soon for new baby due next month, she's self employed so wont get maternity benefit and cant afford to stop working until the last minute really, but she's going to cut her hours on a Thursday in the next week or so which will make me a redundant nanny with hopefully a pain free back :D

cwta I hope your feeling a bit better now
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    Terry Pratchett ( Hogfather)
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    jazz how did the new job go the other day?

I had my first day on Tuesday, which was completely exhausting! Talk about brain overload. Then I was in yesterday, which was a lot better. The job looks really interesting, although it's going to be a huge test of my memory, which as us people with Fibro know, is going to be a nightmare! I feel I am going to be writing a lot of lists! But I can't wait to be trained, and it's loads more interesting than my current job (which I will be doing 1 day a week.)

Thanks very much for asking. :)

bigzippy wrote: »
    My body keeps waking me up ...a lot. Must be like every time I try and move/turn over and my ankle complains. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, altho my ankle is still pretty sore, it's not as painful as my calf is. Because I've not been flexing (can't even move it) my foot -and therefore calf - it's all locked up and seized. It's well sore! And I can't really reach it to massage it properly...and as great as DH is, he can be a little harsh with the massage skills. ;) I *really* think I need physio... shame I can't get my docs to agree eh?:rolleyes: Patronising screwball.:angry:

So sorry you're having such a horrible time - there is nothing worse than feeling ill and not getting enough sleep. It just makes everything worse.

All my equipment from Social Services has just been delivered - yay!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    glad it went ok jazz, yay for equipment having arrived :)

sue does gd have a litle chair she can drag about and use to reach/climb on so you dont have to lift her quite so far when you cant easily avoid lifting her? have fun this afternoon.
  • HopeAndDriftWood
    Options
    Hi...sorry to interrupt everyone, but I could do with some fast advice!!

Had to run in heels two days ago, which badly blistered the skin just under my toes. It's like a big red hole, that I covered with a sterile dressing and bandage. Last night, my big toe and the ball of my foot started really hurting, so much it made me cry. I took painkillers, put it up on a pillow and had to take the bandage and dressing off because they hurt it so much.

This morning its cold and a bit swollen and pink, and I can't move my toe. A small normal looking blister is on the ball of my foot, but it doesn't seem to hurt, and neither does the hole-blister. My foot is really tingly...did NHS self help guide, which tells me I have a broken foot. Phoned NHS helpline, the first man said it was probably nerve damage, and the nurse who phoned back told me to go to A&E as soon as possible, as its probably broken.

I can't remember banging it, but I am very clumsy...I don't know where A&E is, I can't put weight on my foot or bend my toes so walking is impossible and my boyfriend isn't around to come with me for a few hours. The nurse told me to find someone who could take me urgently, and not to wait the hour I thought it'd be til he got here.

I don't fancy the huge A&E wait if its nothing, so any other opinions? :o
    Signature down for maintenance :rotfl:
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    saucy i would advise go with the nurses advice and go to a&e. how long will it take your bf to get to you? could he meet you at a&e? a taxi driver will know where the nearest a&e is, so may be the easiest way of getting there, esp given you cant walk on it. even before reading what the nhs direct told you i was all set to say go to doctor asap as that is not normal for a blister. better to have a wait at a&E (which may not be long at all if they are not busy) and it be nothing than risk leaving it, and nhs direct will have sked apropriate questions and based their advice on that, so are much better placed to knwo what should be done than us.

good luck, and let us know how you get on.
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    and ps never apologise for posting, its not interrupting, its joining in!
  • Finefoot
    Finefoot Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Hey Big Zippy, where are you? dont ignore the pain in your calf if you havent been moving around. also, if you have decreased your pain meds, it may make you feel yucky.
    Seriously contmplating changing trhe color of the bedroom.
    Next project is to dismanlte the study, use it for a craft room/spare room, as its next to Mr F.. ( thinking a slight change of scenery)
    His bell has mysteriously disappeared! Nothing to do with me, however, I swear!!!
    Coffee time!
    Loving the sunny days!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Saucy I hope by now you've gone to A&E. Take a book to read while you wait if necessary, but GO!!

BZ poor you! If I lived near you, I'd loan you Mr LW to deal with your calf; he has magic fingers.

Paw welcome back - did you spend some time with that lovely labrador?

Jaz sounds like you'll need a large notepad. I'd be the same - if I don't make a note of things, i just forget. Glad the job looks like being interesting.

Suep come on, you'll never be a redundant nanny!:o

Sharon I agree, the dark nights and mornings make it harder to get going. I think hedgehogs have the right idea - hibernate!

Pcl I have a desktop 'puter, but it's got a cordless keyboard and mouse, so I put them on the coffee table in front of the sofa. It's not as comfortable as a laptop would be though. Has Chloe settled down now? Any idea what had got her rattled?

Finefoot have fun painting the bedroom. What colour are you going to do it?

Anyone heard from Kass lately?

*waves* to everyone else.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    no idea lw, bu one or other, and i suspect it was chloe, decided my clean top pulle dout of the drawer last night ready for putting on this morning (along with oher clean clothes following shower), made the perfect sick catcher. she has settled down since and spent the morning asleep at my feet on the sofa.

finefoot have fun painting, rather you than me lol. did bell turn up again? or has it mysteiously vanished forever?
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lamewolf lots of kisses and cuddles she missed me lots ..the labrador.. but was unable to take her out in car as poured with rain the whole time..the triplets are a real laughs and had to look after them for a whole day while parents went out..nice to hand them back after ..cream crackered playing moter bikes, cooking ,dollys, climbing ladders (fireman sam up the cushions to top of settee )cars , prams,tents , potty traing ...who's done poo pants ?? one escaped in to garden with pyjamas on in the dark ...poor old grannie in hot pursuit !! lost one in cupboard up stairs. arrrrr nice to home.

cwta thank you very much ,for looking after the fish ..yes had a few deaths .....see site has brought in new things ..treats for fish..more tanks..ratings..more fish ect.

suep
    damn missed the true blood will have to watch on i-player

saucey s hope your home now and not to bad ..with an update on poorly foot/toe
    tria please pop head round door when can ..with some cakes ??
    sharon yes i agree with lw I think hedgehogs have the right idea - hibernate! so should we !!
    finefoot welcome to the cafe
    jazz hows the job going ?? after a few more days worked ?
    purplecat how you doing ? we have a snap morning except i have coffee and feed fish and hamster !
    bigz hope ankle is better to day and hope not catching ! saucey poorly too.

hello to everyone else brain bit dead mow sorry if missed out anyone will re-read later .

hot tea and coffee and sticky willies on plate ! lol
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport