The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Options

Comments

• Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Still alive, all. purplecatlover PMed me so I thought I'd best come say that. I've been pretty sick - got the damn flu and had a massive flare, and have been playing catch-up on life ever since. I'm also having serious household problems, and trying to find a new place (again). I may not be around much, and can't really keep up, but I'm still here.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Trialia it's lovely to see you. Sorry your life's been so carp lately; if you can pop your head around the door and wave occasionally, that'd be good. I hope you can at least get some decent living accommodation sorted out soon - I'm betting that'd help with all the other stuff.

BZ not wanting choccy? That's not like you - I'm worried now. Just stay in your nice warm bed and rest. You can make up for lost time when you're feeling a bit better. You too Poohbear (although probably not the same bed):D

Sharon well done with the stitching. I have a whole load of lavender to put into bags, and material to make a kaftan, but I can't find any motivation. What's your secret?

Pcl how on earth do you manage to post at 07:30? I'm just seeing Mr LW off to work at that time, then collapse on the sofa for usually about 3 hours, as getting bathed and dressed knocks the stuffing out of me. I like the idea of Whitney's cushion. Any chance of a piccy of her on it? LOL

*waves to everyone else and trundles off to basket with [STRIKE]BZ's[/STRIKE]large bar of chocolate*
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    tria thanks for popping in, i know i wasnt the only one quietly wondering and worrying.

lw its called getting up at 5:30, admitedly this moring its because i was asleep by 11 last night, but seems to be this year that my brain ahs decided between 4 and 7 am is the ideal wake up time, no matter what time i have gone to sleep. so i turn the computer on and wend my way round emails and here and facebook whilst drinking copious ammounts of tea and coming to the point of feeling alive. (and its much much easier to get dressed if i didnt bother getting undressed) there will most deff be pictures when my proper puter comes back if not before, depends if i cba to deal wth the deadly slow uploading form this one or not.

jazz how did the new job go the other day?
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    pcl My body has taken to waking me at 4ish every morning despite the fact I've gone on to meds that help with hot flushes that are partly sleeping tablets and then my brain starts going. Have taken to putting radio 4 on to try to distract myself and have been managing to get back to sleep so far - I feel your pain!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our first alarm goes off at 05:30, Mr LW goes and makes tea (for him) and coffee (for me), and we set about getting my joints moving. We then actually get up as in get out of bed at 06:30, and he helps me bathe and dress, gets himself ready for work, gets his lunch together, and leaves at 07:30, by which time I am totally cream crackered. I couldn't begin to think of switching the 'puter on at that time!:eek:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    My body keeps waking me up ...a lot. Must be like every time I try and move/turn over and my ankle complains. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, altho my ankle is still pretty sore, it's not as painful as my calf is. Because I've not been flexing (can't even move it) my foot -and therefore calf - it's all locked up and seized. It's well sore! And I can't really reach it to massage it properly...and as great as DH is, he can be a little harsh with the massage skills. ;) I *really* think I need physio... shame I can't get my docs to agree eh?:rolleyes: Patronising screwball.:angry:
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    I was asleep by 11 last night and had to get up at 9 to wait for district nurse to come to flush my PICC line -she came at 11.30 so was in bed again by 12 and stayed there till 3.30.still feel weary though.Dont think these dark nights and mornings help.Made nice chicken casserole for tea and managed to burn carrots!!!!As they are only veg DD2 eats and l had invited her for tea her plate was a little empty!!!!
    Hi to anyone with any energy-please can l borrow some!!!
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pop head round door hello all me mateys !! just back ,worn out just back from brother's ..sorry to worn to read all the messages but will catch up tomorrow ! just off to face book to if me little fished still alive ! ( game i play )
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    paw Hope you had a great time - I fed all fishbowl fishes, but Fish World ones that I couldn't feed haven't done so well to put it nicely!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    welcome home paw,

lw my morning routine, get out of bed, come downstairs, turn puter on, put kettle on and feed cats, take pills, make tea then it i frnot of puter drinking at least 2 cups of tea before attempting to move or do anything else. it is a laptop so sofa does come in to it :)

morag youve been quiet, you ok?

bz, cwta hope your feeling better today.

sharon im sure dd2 didnt mind her plate being slightly empty.

*waves* to everyone else, how are you all doing? your all being quiet too..

chlo is being weird this morning, seems something outside is scaring her as she keeps coming flyng in fast and runnig upstairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure