The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Options

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    The Furry Dragon (tm) is a puppy (if you can see avatars he is in mine :D), sorry I haven't been around a lot as my pain has been too bad for me to concentrate for long
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Have had lovely weekend with my pal Seaside staying with us we put the world to rights between us!
    Sue glad to hear your dad can have treatment -hope it works
    CWTA-take it easy -as you have identified yourself you have had a lot going on and its bound to hit you at some point.Just try to relax and sleep and recharge your batteries.
    Is there any news of Sam?
    love to hugs to everyone else who l have not mentioned personally-you are in my thoughts xxxxx
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • morag1202
    morag1202 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    suep I can't get out of the bath but do find a long hot shower where I stand so that the water hits my back helps a bit. Other than that I just increase the meds and do as little as possible. Hope it eases pdq and hope your DGD understands why granny can't lift her. As I think I said, I dread being in this position. :(

cwta thanks for posting that link, it looks very useful so I've bookmarked it. Hope you perk up soon and start to improve physically too :smiley:

jaz glad you had a good time with your grandad hope you feel less tired soon :D

lw think Brandy is selectively deaf! I am lucky to live in an area containing a lot of wildlife and only 500 yds from open country so am used to it - the frogs are easier to catch and mercyfully birds are usually too quick or clever to be caught - it goes in cycles so we get 1 or 2 a day for a few days then nothing for a bit. ;) I hate injections so am not up to date with tetanus :o but I somehow think the poor mousie needs it more than me. Thanks to you all for your concern though, you are all :A

sharon glad you put the world to rights, long may that continue :D

I've had a nice lazy day and watched the grand prix so I'm a happy bunny and ready for a spot of house sorting 2moro :cool:
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    I saw asthma nurse last night and she has quadrupled my steroid dosage. We have loads of mould growing in the house and I am allergic to it. I read up on it and lots of symptoms are similar to FMS.

Hope I'm not out of order saying this, but have you heard of steroid pulse injections? Perhaps you could look it up in the context of minimising side effects.

(apologies if this is irrelevant, I haven't trawled through your backposts looking for clues)

Obviously I'm not offering medical advice - just they aren't widely discussed.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    im away for a few days from now .. back thursday ish..friday ish

have stocked up the cupboard with food and tons of pet food in !! and YES stocked the bar !!

large bowl of sweets on table ,help your self for the nite owls ....trays of hot chocolate in mugs there as well ! hope everyone is ok ..i put the heating on yesterday ! yikes

will be thinking of you all .......byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxxxxxxxxx
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty lousy so beein lurking or without computer today (apart from coming down with what I suspect to be the flu, I feel really sick and a bit migrainy so can't cope with reading or lights etc), but just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you have a good time bp.
    Hi to everyone else too :wave:
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • morag1202
    morag1202 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely time paw and safe journey :hello:

bz bummer, hope it's not flu and soon over. chocky time?
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    bz hope its not flu, and doesnt turn into tonsilitis again either.

paw have a great time and dont overdo it too much.

morag any tips for encouraging a mouse to leave on its own/telling if it is still alive and under the cupboard as it moves too fast to be covered, caught and released? i will go buy a humane trap today.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    purplecatlover - not quite the same thing, but when I had a hamster escape when I was young, her cage had a little ladder going up to the next 'floor' so I took that out, and put it up against a bucket with some fresh food in. It took a bit of of time, but she was soon sitting in the bottom wondering what the hell was going on! I guess a humane trap is the same thing, but saved buying one!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    that was a clever idea jazz. it was/is quite a cute wee thig really, i dont think it can get at my food cupboards, which just leaves the cat food...whitney refused breakfast until i moved it back into the kitchen this morning, and chloe is showin no interest at all in under the cupboards so i hope it took advantage of the open back door yesterday evening and has gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure