The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Options

Comments

• jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: Morning all!

Anyone got any exciting plans for today?

My grandad is coming over for lunch, and then I was hoping to gather some energy to go to the gym, but it's very unlikely to happen!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jazabelle wrote: »
    I would like to be updated please and do give Sam my love and best wishes when you can.
    ^ ^ ^ Wot she said. Sorry I'm late posting this - haven't been online since mid-afternoon Friday; but I do care.

Sharon well done on the chutney. I got out of doing this by using up the tiddly toms in quiches.:p

Suep my best wishes to your dad - hope his treatment goes well.

Dragon LOL @ His Furriness eating slippers, yoga pants and rugby shirt. Is he trying for a complete wardrobe? Hope the little chap is OK, Anti-b's and kaolin sounds un-pleasant.

Morag :eek: tell Brandy you can do without that sort of present, ta very much! Seriously, are you up-to-date with your tetanus immunisation? I don't know what nasties mice can carry, but I'd be concerned. Ungrateful rodent!

CwtA thanks for asking mate, I'm bearing up. Sent Mr LW to the Farmers Market on his own this morning as I didn't feel I could face all those people, but I did use the time to make some stuff for his lunchbox, including cherry & coconut buns, which he loves. We've got a bottle of birch wine to have this evening - we always have something at Full Moon, and he managed to pick this up at the F/market, so that'll be a treat.

Uh, oh I'm rambling now.

Jaz have a lovely time with your grandad.:o

Forgotten what else I was going to say, so :hello:to everyone else.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    *waves* hi all
    cwta i probably could go to pdsa, but the closest one is a 30minute drive from me and tbh i cba with that. luckily my sister is willing to help out with the cost which means i never have to not take her because i cant afford it.

paw hope your in less pain now and slept better last night.
  • jazabelle
    Options
    Thanks lamewolf. :) I did have a nice time with my grandad.

I kind of have that hit by a bus feeling today, so no gym for me. I'm so tired. :(

I started the Fibro Wellness Project today which can be found here: http://www.fmwellness.org/index.htm Some researchers in America are looking into just over 2000 people with Fibro, asking them to regularly take surveys about their pain and what they have been doing.

They get loads of data out of it, and for you they generate statistics so you can see if there is a pattern to your symptoms, which may help to avoid certain things. You don't have to be in American or officially diagnosed with it (which helps those of us with !!!!!!! doctors who refuse to put a "label" on anything.)

So if anyone with Fibro wants to take part, that would be great!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    jazz i meant to say re chocolate. break it into little squares, aceptable portion sizes and freeze it. that way by the time you have sucked one square (too hard to chew) it feels like you have eaten more than you ahve and you eat less iyswim.
  • jazabelle
    Options
    jazz i meant to say re chocolate. break it into little squares, aceptable portion sizes and freeze it. that way by the time you have sucked one square (too hard to chew) it feels like you have eaten more than you ahve and you eat less iyswim.

Good plan! Does it work with freezing entire Wispa Golds though? ;)
  • suep
    suep Posts: 782 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the all replies about my dad, your a great bunch of people ;)
    I stupidly done my back in yesterday, tried to pick up gd and felt something click in my back , I had bad spasms for the rest of the day, today the spsams have stopped but it's sooooo sore now, I wont try that again :o bless her she's only 2 but quite big, unlike gs who is 3 days younger and is a tiny little thing. Im sitting here with my electric heat pad on, just wondering if anyones got any ideas or tips on what helps back pain ? I was thinking about a soak in the bath, but I'm worried I wont be bale to get out again.
    Hope everyones ok
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    Terry Pratchett ( Hogfather)
  • jazabelle
    Options
    Ooh, I missed your post about your dad suep. So glad to hear that news.

A hot bath is always great for pain. Do you have anyone that could help you get out if needed? Do you have some epsom salts? Or even just bubble bath is nice. Otherwise massage is my only other suggestion. Hope it feels better soon.
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/exercises-to-reduce-low-back-pain
    Sue I really feel for you - my back has been so bad for weeks now that it's reduced me to tears at times. These are the sorts of exercises the Physio gave me to help seperate the vertebra ad I've found them helpful even if I'm in pain when I start to do them. I think one's mind is a good judge of health so if you mentally flinch at the thought of any of the exercises, I wouldn't do those particular ones. Do you have a TENS machine you can use or could you borrow one? I think some Boots branches hire them out - mainly for pregnant ladies.
    sue do you want me to post you the first 3 of the True Blood books? Think I would have enjoyed them mroe if I hadn't watched the TV series first, but think you may like them.

I'm really quite low at the moment - having been in so much pain for so long, the flare up, being knocked over, Dad being poorly etc - think it ws bounf to get to me in the end. It's always inevitable when I feel at my poorliest all the things I need to do are at the front of my mind, so a lot of it is the frustration at the physical limitations being in pain puts on me.

Have tried to cancel everything next week except for the medical appointments I want to keep i.e. nerve conduction test as I want wrist op asap, but have cancelled op to remove cyst in my mouth as I can't bear the thought of it.

I forgot to say Invasion, major whoops of joy at getting your DLA sorted - well done!

Possibility I may be going back to Scillys at the end of this month as Dad wants to go and wants me to go to look after him. I may not physically be at the best to go, but I think it may do wonders for me mentally, so we'll see whether it happens or not.

I need to ask and keep forgetting, is the Dragon a furry catling or a reptile please? I'm confuduzzled *g*
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • jazabelle
    Options
    Argh, I forgot to say well done invasion as well! I keep missing people's posts, sorry.

Sharon - yay for chutney! Hope it's yummy.

CWTA - sorry to hear you're having such a flare. Hope you can take it easy, but even just doctors appointments can be so draining. Your body has been through a lot, so will probably take awhile to recover. :(

poohbear -
    hope the steriods helps with the asthma. I lived in mouldy room for two years when I was at uni and was constantly ill. Do you rent or own the home? Coz if you rent you can get your local council to assess and make the landlord do something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure