Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    black_paw wrote: »
    hot tea and coffee and sticky willies on plate ! lol
    Wha...??:eek::eek::eek::eek: Come on Paw, don't keep me in suspense, what the heck are they?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2009 at 5:02PM
    Options
    bz hope your feeling better today.
    A tad. I've not taken my antisickness meds today, because I've not been taking the painkillers for two days, but you know what it's like when you're constantly trying to make sure that you don't still need them, so you're constantly thinking "do I feel sick", and then you sorta think your way intoit anyway!:rolleyes:
    jazabelle wrote: »
    So sorry you're having such a horrible time - there is nothing worse than feeling ill and not getting enough sleep. It just makes everything worse.

All my equipment from Social Services has just been delivered - yay!
    Cheers dude. I guess it's the "cosmic balance" realigning for giving me good weather on our wedding day ;) I can't believe it's only been 3 and a half weeks since the wedding! Feels like a coupla months!:shocked:

What did SS get you?
    Finefoot wrote: »
    Hey Big Zippy, where are you? dont ignore the pain in your calf if you havent been moving around. also, if you have decreased your pain meds, it may make you feel yucky.
    I'm here, just not as often as usual cos of the whole headachey, sickly, migrainey type feeling...:wave: Thing is, the sort of symptoms that I would normally take my pain meds for (temple headaches etc), they're bothering me but I don't wanna take the pain meds and mess up the stomach again....:rolleyes::o
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • bigzippy
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Wha...??:eek::eek::eek::eek: Come on Paw, don't keep me in suspense, what the heck are they?
    WHAT?! Where did you find that little gem?!:shocked:

I'm Saucy has now been and gone for getting her foot checked out...and comes back to let us know what happened...!

I don't know how you guys do a run down of everyone, I am reading, and mean to reply, but I always forget:o

I'm with you guys on the hibernation tho :)
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    Saucy – I hope your foot gets better soon. That doesn’t sound fun at all.
    Jaz sounds like you'll need a large notepad. I'd be the same - if I don't make a note of things, i just forget. Glad the job looks like being interesting.

Yes, I do have a big notepad! Will always be by my side, although I prefer typing as it’s slightly less painful.
    black_paw wrote: »
    jazz hows the job going ?? after a few more days worked ?

It’s going well thanks! Very tiring, and that was only two days, but I think the first ones are always hard, as everything is new, and my brain just hurt! I know it will get easier when everything settles down.

Will have my own desk for the first time ever! Always had to share or hotdesk. Am going to buy a plant to celebrate!

Blackpaw – sounds like a really busy day! Hope you have time to chill out now!
    bigzippy wrote: »
    Cheers dude. I guess it's the "cosmic balance" realigning for giving me good weather on our wedding day I can't believe it's only been 3 and a half weeks since the wedding! Feels like a coupla months!

What did SS get you?

Aw, I hate that painkillers mess with your stomach. It’s like you have to choose between the stomach and the pain, and you shouldn’t have to! Both suck.

SS got me a bed frame to help get out of bed, a perching stool for the kitchen, a bath board and a bath stool, and a toilet frame thingy to help get off and on. They also offered to raise my sofa and bed, but then the guy couldn’t do either. The sofa has a bit of a weird leg thing, and the bed frame attaches to the bed leg, and he says it can’t have both. You’d think it’s quite common for SS to ask for both, so they would have a solution? But oh well.

Everything is very helpful, although managed to wack my toes on the bath board getting out. L

Going to Slimming World tonight, and been very naughty this week!

I phoned up and ordered my DLA forms today, so am going to be mega stressed over those for the next few weeks! Still waiting for the Care Advisor at the GPs to come back from holiday (wish I could have four weeks from work!!) but still think I’m going to need all the help I can get!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • bigzippy
    Options
    Aw, I hate that painkillers mess with your stomach. It’s like you have to choose between the stomach and the pain, and you shouldn’t have to! Both suck.
    Agreeing!
    SS got me a bed frame to help get out of bed, a perching stool for the kitchen, a bath board and a bath stool, and a toilet frame thingy to help get off and on. They also offered to raise my sofa and bed, but then the guy couldn’t do either. The sofa has a bit of a weird leg thing, and the bed frame attaches to the bed leg, and he says it can’t have both. You’d think it’s quite common for SS to ask for both, so they would have a solution? But oh well.

Everything is very helpful, although managed to wack my toes on the bath board getting out.
    I wanna come live in your area! How did you manage to get them to sort that out for you? Hubby went out and bought me a bathboard last week - it was £30 but should've been £50!
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    I just phoned up and asked for an assessment. They took a load of details over the phone, then a few weeks later an Occupational Therapist came out to see where I was having trouble. She then ordered all the bits.

It's all been really quick, and I know I've been very lucky.

It's disgusting that the level of help isn't universal. People shouldn't have to suffer just because they live a few miles away from person x.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

:cool: down here in the south .".sticky willies "thats what we call them ....like oblong (swiss bun i think ) 6" long with white icing on the top ! you can lick it off ! two much detail now ! LOL :rotfl::rotfl:
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • samsmate
    Options
    so much for a support thread, I posted on here thinking people cared and while some of you obviously do the rest of you are too wrapped up in yourselves to give a !!!!
    My best mate is dying and nobody cares
  • tenmah
    tenmah Posts: 2,209 Forumite
    Options
    I am a lurker of this thread and have read the comments that were made to you by the posters. They offered thoughts and prayers for Sam so I am not sure what else you wanted them to say.

Of course people carry on talking about their daily lives and problems because they are what is uppermost in their minds and talking with like minded people helps.

But that doesn't mean they don't care about other people at the same time.
    OD [STRIKE] £2600 [/STRIKE] £0 :j Loan [STRIKE]£9500.00[/STRIKE] £0 :j Car [STRIKE]£3150[/STRIKE] £0 :j Moving Costs [STRIKE]£1300[/STRIKE] £0 :j Savings £1150 :j

Everytime I hear the 'dirty' word Exercise, I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    this is also a cafe thread to talk about ourselves and daily life , and pretend to serve up food and drink and talk pets.
    quote ,But that doesn't mean they don't care about other people at the same time. and they do have them in there thoughts ...
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport