PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• Horseman_2
    Options
    Delagio was /is(?) a company with shareholders who included members of the board of Ambasun group companies in England as well as various other Bulgarian investors.

It should be noted that this company has had nothing at all to do with the development of the Albatros building that many people on here have signed up for.

To the best of my knowledge Delagio were involved in the building of Cornelia and Pearl near Bansko and Dawn Park in Sunny Beach.
  • FraudBuster
    Options
    Rightmove has 964 properties for sale in Bulgaria at between £500 and £50k.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Horseman wrote: »
    Hi again GDB

I followed your link to the French studio. 18.92 sq metres is the smallest studio I have ever come across! Try measuring out 5 metres x 4 and calling it a studio at all, it wouldn't even be as big as a standard hotel bedroom!

For 65,000 Euros in Bansko you would get a 40 sq metre studio in a 5-star spa development, or even a 1-bedroom apartment of 70 sq metres +.

So yes, I think the price comparison I made is accurate.

With regards to ski regions, you are quite right that French ski areas have vastly more ski area, but some of the transfer times as well are way beyond the 2.5 hours it takes to get from Sofia to Bansko.

Well, I would certainly expect to get more for my money in Bulgaria. That's the point, really. I'm still not convinced that you can get enough more to make it worthwhile. If you combine that with the problems of buying off plan .....

Also, you said:
    "To take Bansko as an example, an equivalent apartment there would cost five times as much in a French ski resort."

I think that would imply €20k-30k for a one or two bed flat, and I'd be quite tempted at that sort of figure.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Horseman_2
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »

Also, you said:
    "To take Bansko as an example, an equivalent apartment there would cost five times as much in a French ski resort."

I think that would imply €20k-30k for a one or two bed flat, and I'd be quite tempted at that sort of figure.

Well, GDB, if you can find me a 2 bedroom apartment in a French ski resort for 100k then I would be absolutely delighted to hear about it.

Sadly, they don't exist.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Horseman wrote: »
    Well, GDB, if you can find me a 2 bedroom apartment in a French ski resort for 100k then I would be absolutely delighted to hear about it.

Sadly, they don't exist.

I quoted a range and then I said 1 -2 bed. I was not suggesting you could get a 2 bed for the bottom end of the range. Here is an example of a 2 bed for €159k, which presumably can be negotiated down to 150k or less. http://www.moving-to-france.com/listing-chamrousse+ski+apartments+d20042-20042.html

One thing, though, is that these are quite small apartments, which seems to be par for the course in French ski resorts. The two bed is only 33 sq m. Do you have a link to the 1 bed apartments in Bansko that are 70 sq m? That's quite large for a 1 bed flat.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • liddybaz
    Options
    ive just found this site, thank god i thought i was the only one (sorry) im buying into the Edelwiss apartments and have payed half the money so far, but i was sappost to pay the 3rd payment at the begining of oct but like everyone else i have not payed yet, but nadya says the builder ALEX STROY ltd are sending me a new contract next week (but now worryed about furniture pack) but is not to worryed when i pay??? anna is not helpful like everyone is saying she seems distant! ambersun uk and ambersun br both seem to be avoiding phone calls and getting back to peaple when thay say thay will. Is anyone else part of the Edelwiss?
  • liddybaz
    Options
    im sorry neas was ita bad childhood? did all the others pinch your sweets?
    that chip on you shoulder sure must be heavy!!!!!
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    no chip, just if you guys were looking for sympathy cant give it to you. The whole property investment thing stinks...

My chip i guess would be the uk HPI... where houses have risen faster than earnings... thus solidying the poor as poor and making more middle class... poorer. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    neas wrote: »
    no chip, just if you guys were looking for sympathy cant give it to you. The whole property investment thing stinks...
    quote]

Neas: If you can't offer sympathy (can't trace u being asked) don't emit rancour.

Learn to love yourself, then you will begin to love others
  • Sirhan_2
    Options
    i too have withheld my final payment due Dec 2008. At least we all together on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure