PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• mistypip1
    Options
    RIANNE wrote: »
    Mark 08

Regarding your new contract.

Does this confirm that all monies have been received by developer?

if not then I wouldnt sign it personally.

Anna is advising me that I dont need a new contract as it was with the developer in the first place, however like you, ambasun signed mine.

let me know please as I am witholding my last payment and as per original contract - my 30 days over due will expire 1st January 09

Hi I am in a similar situation with a property from Ambasun in Sunny Beach - Dawn Park. The developers have departed company with Ambasun over money. Ambasun won't tell what the dispute is. They have however sent confimation of the dates that I have sent all my payments and that it has been forwarded on. I am also reluctnt to pay the final amount which was due on 1st Dec yet have had no one chasing me for this which I find odd.

You have stated that your 30 days will expire on 1st Jan. What does this mean?

I am still hoping everything is going to work out. We've been waiting nearly 2yrs for this apartment to built and I'm gutted its all going tits up in the final month.

One of my concerns is that if it doesn't go ahead that we all lose out because surely they won;t have the funds to refund us as the building is virtually complete. we've had pictures of the building inside and out.

hoping it all works out
    mistypip1
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    greed is a miraculous thing
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Horseman wrote: »
    To take Bansko as an example, an equivalent apartment there would cost five times as much in a French ski resort.

Five times, are you sure? I am seeing apartments in the little-known French resorts on the market for €100k, or less. Here's one for 65k:

http://www.frenchpropertylinks.com/frenchpropertyextradetails.asp?property=791

I agree that the cheap village houses in Bulgaria mostly are needing work, but labour is cheap, etc.

I assume that to some extent when you buy in the mountains you are making a contribution to the resort's infrastructure, and that's going to be expensive anywhere in the world. OTOH, there are lift passes to pay for those costs as well.

Bansko seems to have impressed the Guardian, though:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/jan/13/saturday.wintersportsholidays.skiing

I appreciate that skiing is skiing, but is it right to compare France and Bulgaria? France has a large well-paid indigenous skiing population, whereas Bansko depends entirely on tourism. It's a long flight, with a 3 hour transfer at the Bulgarian end.

Also, just came across some luke-warm reviews, including this one:
    "The main problem the resort has it that the gondola has reached saturation in the mornings. The first hour & a half of each day was a race to get in the gondola queue before the hoards. With all the building that's going on in Bansko I don't see how the gondola system will be able to transport the additional people next winter. "

And this:
    "Bansko has some good runs, although the long gondola ride up every morning cuts into your boarding time, add that to a cathing a bus every morning and your wake up call needs to be very early."
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Horseman_2
    Options
    Hi again GDB

I followed your link to the French studio. 18.92 sq metres is the smallest studio I have ever come across! Try measuring out 5 metres x 4 and calling it a studio at all, it wouldn't even be as big as a standard hotel bedroom!

For 65,000 Euros in Bansko you would get a 40 sq metre studio in a 5-star spa development, or even a 1-bedroom apartment of 70 sq metres +.

So yes, I think the price comparison I made is accurate.

With regards to ski regions, you are quite right that French ski areas have vastly more ski area, but some of the transfer times as well are way beyond the 2.5 hours it takes to get from Sofia to Bansko.
  • FraudBuster
    Options
    "Other countries have the mafia," he told the Times. "In Bulgaria, the mafia has the country."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bulgaria-mafia-has-country/story.aspx?guid=%7B1B09700D-0AC0-4D88-8DA0-337A6543A8F1%7D
  • Sheilared
    Options
    hi every body who is buying a property in bansko from ambersun i went to there office in cosley they promised to phone me on friday about our appartment in albertros 5 they did not phone me what a surprise i dont think they know a lot getting fed up of the lies now
  • mark08
    mark08 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    HI sheilared
    I have not paid and am not paying my final payment.It was due December but I dont have any worries about the developer trying to claim against me for late payment.I am still trying to get an answer from solicitor as regards our contract,IS it signed by developer or not.The solicitor is saying ambasun uk should pay for our furniture pack,but they say it was offered by the developer.I will not pay until all is sorted to my satisfaction.Also as to new contract,the is no mention of monies already recieved and the figures in the contract make no mention to ambasun taking any comission.Will not sign that as developer could then try saying we have not paid all payments in full.
    My main problems now are the furniture pack and the contract.No furniture pack then I will renegotiate the price of apartment with a new contract,or if contract not signed by developer will ask for money back as no contract inforce with him.
    I was talking with a person in the same position as ourselves with ambasun and developer ,different apartments and payment dates but he has held payment for months now.No action taken against him,We are not at fault it is ambasun and developer so what can they do.Hope this helps you
    regards Mark08
  • mark08
    mark08 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    HI Rianne
    How can your contract be binding if the developer has not signed it.Anna says your contract is signed by Ambasun and they have nothing to do with the developer now.It would appear Anna wants it all ways as long as the developer gets his money.She wont stand by my original contract and I believe thats because the developer would have to furnish the apartment.If your contract is ok signed by ambasun then why not mine.It would be intresting to know if our contracts are the same and signed by the same person.Thanks for the information
    Kind regards
    Mark08
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    im thinking you guys gonna lose some cash... please keep us informed though.
  • mistypip1
    Options
    Hi

not sure if any of you have visited Delagio's website....you may find it an interesting read. Also did you know that Ambasun and Delagio share the same address exactly in Bulgaria....Surely this must mean they are the same company.

http://www.delagio.bg/index.php?page=main
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport