🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 - Freeview

Options

Comments

• jackson3
    jackson3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    salthepal wrote:
    I returned my unit and found it quite amusing that the cashier wanted to know what was wrong with it. I told him that it didn't work properly, thinking that he wouldn't want to again hear all its faults but he seemed a bit surprised and asked for more details. I then listed the problems (that took a while!) and they refunded me.

Mine was the only one returned according to the sales girl. What she didn't know, the manager had told me the day before almost all had been returned...
    Now then, they still have stock on display.I think it very wrong to keep on selling them knowing the problems.I'm definetly going off Aldi ....

Peter
  • EricF
    EricF Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    jackson3 wrote:
    Mine was the only one returned according to the sales girl. What she didn't know, the manager had told me the day before almost all had been returned...
    Now then, they still have stock on display.I think it very wrong to keep on selling them knowing the problems.I'm definetly going off Aldi ....

Peter
    Well they did buy 14,000 of them so they've got to get them out of the door somehow.

I'm not a knocker, just one of those waiting in hope for them to get it fixed with the next update.

Cheers.
  • -gonzo-
    -gonzo- Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    kcegginton wrote:
    gonzo: when you've ad the Humax for a while - come back and let us know how you're getting on with it.

Clive
    So far im very impressed with the Humax-9200t its got 4 games to play too, theyre a bit crap, but the sort of ones that annoy you when you get beat so you keep going back as you dont want the machine to beat you.Theyre a bit like the old Atari games.
    The machine is really easy to use after youve had a quick skip through the manual to see what does what.
    First of all before I started was to go to humaxdigital.com and click on the support(HCSA) section and after registering downloaded all you need to load the update to the machine via your PC which is easy to do.
    Its worth while doing this as the updates get put on the site ages before an over the air update is available.. They also tell you whats been fixed in the update..
    It does seem a bit expensive at £200+, but if you think what you get for SKY+ ie £49 + Subscription or £200 for a SKY+ box with no subscription and £10 for the privelage of using the pause live etc features..
    This Humax box does the same for no extra cost unless you want Top Up Tv.
    The features are great and youll think why you never got one sooner...
    The only niggle ive found so far is that when programs are deleted from HDD occasionally the names re-appear on the recorded programs screen. The program itself is gone so just delete the names again and theyre gone.. Im pretty sure that Humax will sort this out with a future update.
    Hope this helps
  • malc_d
    malc_d Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    malc_d wrote:
    Mine seems to be behaving quite well, no lock ups or signal loss even when using EPG, although I don't always get full programme details. I didn't like to say before as I thought I might be temting fate.

Tonight it wouldn't wake up from standby without switching off. Other than that it's ok!??
  • Panduroo_2
    Options
    :confused: Just wondering if anyone else has had hassles with these things...
    I was given one for Christmas but first tried it this weekend....and it keeps losing all the freeview channels so I have to re-scan. I have checked all the obvious things like cables etc but there are no problems with those, and another digital box works fine. I have also done a software update but this has not solved it.
    I know I can take it back ok, but just wondered whether anyone else may have had the same problem and managed to solve it - if I can get the thing working, it's a very neat bit of kit and very good value! The helpline is constantly engaged.....
    Thanks for your time!
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    EricF wrote:
    Well they did buy 14,000 of them so they've got to get them out of the door somehow.

I'm not a knocker, just one of those waiting in hope for them to get it fixed with the next update.

Cheers.
    Where did you get the 14000 figure from, I think DSG would be reluctant to get so many.
    ac's lovechild
  • sunderblund
    Options

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've update the PVR101 blog with a few more issues.

Key & Technotrend both know about the site, so hopefully it will help them to iron out some of the issues. Fingers crossed for a another software update or other feedback from them in the near term.
  • i-luv-free-stuff
    Options
    i know ive read in 1 thread somewhere about this but i cant find it...but...i have recorded a few things now and most times it works...but...somtimes it just records 1 mb or 2mb of the program..

any one else had this problem?
    mmmm free stufffffffff :p
  • massem
    Options
    i know ive read in 1 thread somewhere about this but i cant find it...but...i have recorded a few things now and most times it works...but...somtimes it just records 1 mb or 2mb of the program..

any one else had this problem?

My box ONLY recorded 1Mb. I decided it must be hardware as it was not a fault other people were recording. I finally took it back this week to Aldi and swapped it for a new one.

The new one records fine (allowing for the software? problems already logged) but I couldn't get it to pick up the last software update for some reason.....it failed in manual and auto update....so I am stuck with v1.0 unless or until there is another update.

Interestingly, the Aldi manager said that these were subject to a 'product recall'. If so, they are not well publicising it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport