Holly Lane
    Atherstone Warwickshire CV9 2SQ
    Tel: (08705 134262)

Jeff
  • scoobie
    scoobie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried my 101 with different aerials - basically I've been using a rooftop aerial which isn't very good (I could hardly get a signal on analogue).

I've tried a couple of indoor aerials. A One for All brand wasn't very good. Another - a Maxview (the circular one if you're looking to buy) gave a better signal, though for some reasons didn't get the BBC channels in my area.

Anyway, the reason for the post was channels I couldn't get before (No signal problems) - suddenly appeared. I think this means playing around with you aerial source will help get rid of the no signal problem.

At the moment I'm in a position that different aerial sources are giving me different groups of channels - I'm yet to find one that gives me all the channels at once. However, for the first time, I can report that no channels are unachieveable.

If I do find an indoor aerial that gets all channels I'll post it here.
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    Indoor aerials are really not a good idea, and one that works well in one situation is not guaranteed to work in another. Moreover, you only have to move around the room and the signal strength will yo-yo.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • creddish
    creddish Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    scoobie wrote:
    I've tried my 101 with different aerials - basically I've been using a rooftop aerial which isn't very good (I could hardly get a signal on analogue).

I've tried a couple of indoor aerials. A One for All brand wasn't very good. Another - a Maxview (the circular one if you're looking to buy) gave a better signal, though for some reasons didn't get the BBC channels in my area.

Anyway, the reason for the post was channels I couldn't get before (No signal problems) - suddenly appeared. I think this means playing around with you aerial source will help get rid of the no signal problem.

It appears you have been having genuine No Signal problems whereas most of us I believe are getting a different problem where we have a pefectly good signal,shown by the fact that we can successfully record the programme indicating the No Signal display. It's simply a bogus No Signal display.

Colin
  • pjala
    pjala Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kcegginton wrote:
    gonzo: when you've ad the Humax for a while - come back and let us know how you're getting on with it.

Clive

Not Gonzo, but had the Humax since before xmas now. Just recording some stuff to an Asda dvd recorder through the scart, and this works too.

The Humax is not difficult to use at all, if you want to record it, you just go through the guide and press enter. My only issue is it only lets you record 20 things at a time - I am tending now to record stuff the kids dont let me watch normally - like Horizon etc. But my 20 recordings lets me get all the way through one week into another.
    Its great to record something - watch it for 10 minutes and then realise it really was rubbish, knowing you've not wasted a tape, then just delete it. Or record it and speed through all the adverts.
    The time slip works with no noise, and no hassle.

I used the old aldi non-freeview pvr plus dvd recorder, and this was a pain in the neck to use properly - plus it was noisy - all for more than the Humax.
    Good luck - it means youre not having to organise yourself around decent programs anymore. Even if you dont watch it, who cares!
    The hassle you lot are getting with the aldi pvr, it really is not worth it - it may well be a case that you are getting rubbish for the cheap price, I am fast coming to the conclusion that Aldi electronic stuff is useless rubbish.
    All the best.
  • Zaphod_Beblebrocks
    Options
    Has anyone else's box "settled" down, mine was awful after the update no signal every time I used the epg or hard disk,however the past week or so not one lock up or loss of signal!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone else's box "settled" down, mine was awful after the update no signal every time I used the epg or hard disk,however the past week or so not one lock up or loss of signal!

The more I use it the more I see it NSR.
  • kcegginton
    Options
    I haven't switched-off my box for well over a week, I get the NS problem but I just leave the box alone and eventually it sorts itself out. Using EPG seems to be the most common trigger of NS in my experience.

Once or twice the digital sound output has been distorted when I've switched the TV over to it after a while but it clears on a channel change. If the box is having a problem with handling the digital stream it could be the cause of the NS problem too.

Clive.
  • salthepal
    salthepal Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I returned my unit and found it quite amusing that the cashier wanted to know what was wrong with it. I told him that it didn't work properly, thinking that he wouldn't want to again hear all its faults but he seemed a bit surprised and asked for more details. I then listed the problems (that took a while!) and they refunded me.
  • malc_d
    malc_d Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options

Mine seems to be behaving quite well, no lock ups or signal loss even when using EPG, although I don't always get full programme details. I didn't like to say before as I thought I might be temting fate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure