Cheap UK Travel Deals Discussion

Options

Comments

• azamy
    Options
    I too had some trouble with getting the Great Western tickets. the first one worked fine and the second one I got the same code. Luckily I had 3 email addresses to play with and in the end, I got a 2 returns to Reading which cost £1.10 each instead of £6.10 each! BARGAIN!!!
  • njb286
    njb286 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    njb286 wrote: »
    I just registered and got an e-mail immediately with a pin number. Tried to use it via the link and direct to the website and it says its invalid. Called the number on their site and spoke to a woman in India who said I couldn't book with her if I had got the code online. She then told me I had to wait for 10 minutes before I used it. Have tried again and it still wont accept it.

I can;t find anywhere on their website where you can actually contact someone.

Any advice?

I tried again last night and everything worked well! I got £5 off my £8.60 ticket - bargain!:rotfl::T:rotfl::beer::rotfl::T:rotfl:
    Mother, wife, ex-teacher, ex-mortgage advisor, support worker, full-time woman!!

Competition wins 2021
    £100 Amazon vouchers
    iPad
    Pink lady apple tree in an orchard in France
    Tea for two and pottery session
    Paralympic Homecoming Party - Wembley Arena

• lallybroch_2
    Options
    Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the right section - first time I've posted on here. Just to let everyone know about the latest train fare deal of £5 train tickets

http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/birthday
  • imagia
    imagia Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    The megabus offer as stated in the weekly e-mail is actually better than stated. I found loads of free journeys during January and February, and you can book up to four single journeys for only the 50p booking fee. I did this again for another 4 singles, which makes it 25p a journey...:money:
  • Gray-Fox
    Gray-Fox Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    I got from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street yesterday on a Super Off Peak Return Ticket for 14.50. It stipulates that you can only travel on London Midland only though...but on a journey that normally costs upwards of 41.30, it was an absolute bargain. Unless I'm booking WELL in advance, I'm always going into the station in future rather than booking online.
  • luke042004
    Options
    HI THERE, I AM TRAVELLING TO SKEGNESS FROM BIRMINGHAM ON 23RD MARCH AND COMMING BACK 27TH MARCH.
    THE CHEAPEST TRAIN FARE I CAN FIND IS £43.90, DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW IF I CAN TRAVEL BY TRAIN FOR ANY CHEAPER PLEASE AS TWO OF US ARE GOING.
    THANKS ALOT:confused:

MSE_Archna wrote: »
    This is the new forum discussion to link on the back of the tip deal:

Seen a good offer? Please post below and we'll add it in.

Thanks to everyone who suggested deals!
    [threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
  • karie
    karie Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, any tips for cheap train travel from london on a sunday? it seems advance tickets cant be purchased for travel on a sunday?

thanks...!
  • oilit
    oilit Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    i bought the friends and family railcard, and I have to say I have just booked 16 single journeys from swindon to London for £88 !!!! FANTASTIC VALUE & THANKS TO MSE (normal single is £46)
  • taurus
    Options
    Why oh why do none of these special offers come anywhere near Worcester. I read all about these cheap fares and can't get any of them. The two singles always always work out more expensive than the full return train fare too!:cry:
    taurus
  • trampolineeeee
    Options
    :confused: Hello Moneysavers!
    Does anyone know of any current or upcoming promotions for the 16-25 railcard?

I remember last year the week after i purchased a railcard, there was a 50% off promotion. (Quite annoying!)

But since there's an offer on the Friends & Family one, I wasn't sure if maybe the "lovely" chaps at National Rail were planning another.

Did Martin secure the 50% off discount especially for this site? I'm sure there was some code like moneysaving50! Or perhaps the lovely Martin could have a word. I quite fancied calling them up and cheekily asking, but I can't find a number for 'Railcard' and National Rail are a bunch of apes.

Thank you!
    Replies appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family