edited 24 September 2010 at 7:25PM
    mary86 wrote: »
    Hi Jane

What is an Express?

Mary

Sorry enlightenment ..... A newspaper!

yes a newspaper, the daily express

how about this thread
  • If you intent to be a regular shopper at Lidl, I suggest you sign up to receive their weekly e’mail. Then you wont have to rely on the Express for your ‘£5 off £30 shop’ voucher as they send it in the e’mail for you to print off.
    Some of their wine’s are usually a good bargain.
    Marmalade is the best I’ve tasted.
    Veg’ and fruit are a must.
    Oh! And did I mention the wine..Hic!

:beer:
    Trying to learn something new every day.

;)
  • I know this is no help but if in mainland europe anytime the lidls there can have brilliant offers. Good if you are camping or self catering on hols.
    Put the kettle on. ;)
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I know this is no help but if in mainland europe anytime the lidls there can have brilliant offers. Good if you are camping or self catering on hols.

that pretty much is what lidl does here if i read your post right
  • Chilled meats, salamis etc are amazing, as are fruit/veg, milk, huge tubs of Greek yoghurt, olive oil, toiletries etc. We have yet to be dissappointed with anything. Rarely step foot in Tesco or Sainsburys these days.
  • larmy16larmy16 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Aldi black and green olives @ 39p a jar are really nice. Not only that the jars make lovely containers for herbs and spices.
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• kiwi07kiwi07 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    RAS wrote: »
    I go for

Cheap fruit juices
    Some of their tinned fish
    tinned tomatoes/passata
    antipasti/italian vegetables in oil; they do artichoke hearts (if no-one else has raided them), wild mushrooms, and peppers. great on Hm pizza or with pasta.
    Cold meats - dry cured hams and salamis
    Smoked salmon and gradlax and cured trout
    Bottled lemon juice
    Tinned beans (bortolli etc)
    Olives
    Wine
    Bottled gherkins - came top in one Sunday supplement assessment
    Some vegetables and fruit
    Crumpets.

If you are after them, cheap frankfurters

When they have them, some of their indian side dishes are good - bombay potato and dahl.

Their discount cola makes good loo cleaner

When they have goat's cheese it is good.

I am told their lobster is yummy but they have not had any in ages.

Pollack packs.

What did you say about their cola and ...loo??? That is really interesting!!!
  • kiwi07kiwi07 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Try their Coquette Chicken Soup with pasta shells and vegetables. 800gr for 89p
  • I went today & bought mince, 3 lots of Cathedral City Mature cheddar at £1.74 each, 2 x large Bisto Beef Gravy for £3, 2 bottles of wine, packet of 6 Muller Lights yogurts for £1.20,a beef joint & lots of Fruitshoots for the kids packups which unfortunately they have over charged me on so I will need to go back for a refund on those.

Thanks for the Headups about the Express voucher & also the signing onto their offers as I wasn't aware of either.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Don't know if you buy energy drinks at all but theirs is the only one my son will drink apart from Red Bull and is only 29p a can.
    Their salamis and hams etc are always good value and tasty.
    Honey and jams are lovely.
    Do find their fresh fruit doesn't last very long.

Happy Shopping :D
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints - the sinners are much more fun ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals