Great 'What's Hot and What's not at Aldi, Lidl & Netto' Hunt revisted

Comments

• Mary86 - if you had spent another £8, to make your total £60, you could have used two £5 vouchers bringing your shopping down to £50, instead of the £52 you paid.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Oldbiggles wrote: »
    Now, this is what good customer relations is all about

Having signed up to receive Lidl e’mails, we occasionally get a free voucher to download.
    A coffee voucher arrived which was duly downloaded but when we tried to redeem it, the product was not there. So I sent a polite rebuke via e’mail to Lidl as they are normally very good.
    The quick apology from Lidl arrived in the ‘post’ together with a staggering £10 voucher.

They continue to impress!:T

:j

That's good and now your're telling others and you will continue to shop at Lidl, so all round everyone is happy.

I wish more companies were so customer oriented.

When companies treat you well you remember..... when they treat you badly you remember even more, don't go back and tell others about the poor treatment.

Well done Lidl. :beer:
  • mary86_2
    mary86_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Mary86 - if you had spent another £8, to make your total £60, you could have used two £5 vouchers bringing your shopping down to £50, instead of the £52 you paid.

My daughter was with me and she spent just over £11 but we didn't keep a running total but we also didn't know that you could use two vouchers. :( Better luck next time.:)

Mary
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mary86 wrote: »
    My daughter was with me and she spent just over £11 but we didn't keep a running total but we also didn't know that you could use two vouchers. :( Better luck next time.:)

Mary

You would have needed to split your shopping into two transactions and you would have needed two vouchers. The terms say one voucher per transaction.
  • Lidl is not so cheap as I found their prices are as much as a con as the others. The prices on the cards are shown to 50% 40% etc etc etc cheaper but they are not and very misleading. So i don't know where they get their information from as I find some of the items cheaper in other supermarket by 50% in some cases. This makes you think you are getting a good deal in Lidl so beware.
  • Aldi (usually shop with mix of waitrose and aldi as I am a quality freak but don't believe in paying more than I need to plus I hate tesco and the other big supermarkets)
    Hot:
    -nappies. Only brand to have zero leaks
    -Baby sensitive wipes- much better than pampers etc thicker and only need a couple for the worst kind of mess plus have snap shut lid so don't dry out.
    -black currant conc cordial. Better than Rubens
    -grandessa marmalades
    -children's books. Really cheap good quality
    -peanut butter
    -crisps

Not hot:
    -houmous-minging!
    -washing up gloves - funny shape
    - fresh berries - don't last long or taste very good

I get annoyed that I can't pack my bags at the checkout even if no one in queue behind me.
  • Muad_Dib wrote: »
    Lidl is not so cheap as I found their prices are as much as a con as the others. The prices on the cards are shown to 50% 40% etc etc etc cheaper but they are not and very misleading. So i don't know where they get their information from as I find some of the items cheaper in other supermarket by 50% in some cases. This makes you think you are getting a good deal in Lidl so beware.

'Canny' shoppers like my better half are not misled. If something is cheaper in another store, it's purchased there.
    Remember, you are preaching to the converted her on this forum.
    Most of the 'Moneysavingexpert' devotees have long since learned to be prudent and are quite capable of knowing 'whats hot and whats not'.

;)
    Trying to learn something new every day.

;)
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :snow_laugLots of lovely German traditional Christmas goodies in stock at Lidl yesterday. Gluhwein, stollen, gingerbread houses etc. I couldn't resist a Christmas musical box (tin) containing chocolate teddies for £4.99. It plays 'Oh Christmas tree' so sweet, and could be refilled every year. Maybe useful for hampers?
    I picked up a brochure called Magical Christmas Market so if anyone would like prices of anything...
    It's starting to feel like Christmas!!!:xmassmile
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Blimey, it's only October. Easter eggs next no doubt:beer:
  • FannyHill
    FannyHill Posts: 504 Forumite
    I wish all shops would stop this Christmas stuff in October.

There should be no Christmas items on the shelves before 1 Dec.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure