Great 'What's Hot and What's not at Aldi, Lidl & Netto' Hunt revisted

in Gone off!
1K replies 454K views

Replies

• i have to agree that the chilled meats are fab quality and very good value for money, i love popping to lidl, i also stock up on fruit and veg as it is so cheap :D
    :j:j:j
  • edited 24 September 2010 at 10:34PM
    Bob_the_SaverBob_the_Saver
    5.6K Posts
    edited 24 September 2010 at 10:34PM
    I know this is no help but if in mainland europe anytime the lidls there can have brilliant offers. Good if you are camping or self catering on hols.

Not so usually in France, their idea of an offer is 1c off, bigger discounts in the UK but often higher prices.
    Don't be put off by unfamiliar brands, Lidl and Aldi between them trade all around the world. (Have used Aldi in Oz)
  • Like everyone else I like most things in lidl, the only things I haven't liked are their diet lemonade and colas (really yuk) and their bread's not very special either.
    £2 savers club no.107 :j £36 so far.
  • kiwi07kiwi07 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    alisong wrote: »
    Like everyone else I like most things in lidl, the only things I haven't liked are their diet lemonade and colas (really yuk) and their bread's not very special either.

try their cloudy lemonade and landgut bread.
  • Chilled meats, salamis etc are amazing, as are fruit/veg, milk, huge tubs of Greek yoghurt, olive oil, toiletries etc. We have yet to be dissappointed with anything. Rarely step foot in Tesco or Sainsburys these days.

Although I work for Tesco (needs must after 7 months out-of-work), my husband won't shop anywhere else than Lidl for all our basic groceries.
    We only use Tesco if he forgets something or if Lidl don't stock it :D
  • viv0147viv0147 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I use lidl for the bulk of my shopping, their prices on most goods are really good and the quality is excellent. I have a fresh fruit salad everyday!!! and the majority of fruit I buy is from Lidl. I could not afford to have a fruit salad everyday if I bought the fruit from the other supermarkets with the exception of Aldi, but of the two Lidl has the best quality fruit.
    Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands
  • Purple_kittenPurple_kitten Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi there,

Over the past month we've started to discover Lidl and don't think we'll look back as the fruit and veg is a very good quality and the offers superb, we can't get all of the week / month shop there but it is a lot cheaper.

Can I ask about the voucher offer advertised, is the voucher also available in this weeks star/express or was it just available on Saturdays??
  • Can I ask about the voucher offer advertised, is the voucher also available in this weeks star/express or was it just available on Saturdays??

Available every day until Friday, voucher valid until Sunday.
  • edited 29 September 2010 at 9:56PM
    mary86_2mary86_2 Forumite
    16 Posts
    edited 29 September 2010 at 9:56PM
    Hi All

Thank you everyone for your help. I went to Lidl on Saturday and was so grateful to have the £5 off coupon from the Express as I spent £52. Thanks for that Jane. Their chilled meats did look good but I had alresdy stocked up midweek so didn't buy any.

I did get lots of offers though most of which I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this thread ,so thanks to everyone.

I bought:

Neopolitan Sandwich Ice Cream
    O/B Magnum Lollies
    Pizza Branston Beans
    Korma Curry Sauce +
    Lots of Pasta Sauces
    Nescafe Coffee
    2 Red Mountain Coffee
    Muesli
    Passatta
    Potato Salad
    Instant Oats in sachets
    Plain Chocolate
    Cheese no Cathedral City left
    Bacon Bits
    2 Cod Provencale
    Minced Beef
    Quorn Mince
    Various dried pasta
    Freezer Bags
    Sandwich Bags
    Baby Wipes
    Gales Squeezy Honey
    Tins Tomatoes
    Huge Marmite
    Vegetables
    Lots of other biscuits, chocolate, tins of things and of course a Daily Express

Thank you all very much for all your help.

Mary
  • Now, this is what good customer relations is all about

Having signed up to receive Lidl e’mails, we occasionally get a free voucher to download.
    A coffee voucher arrived which was duly downloaded but when we tried to redeem it, the product was not there. So I sent a polite rebuke via e’mail to Lidl as they are normally very good.
    The quick apology from Lidl arrived in the ‘post’ together with a staggering £10 voucher.

They continue to impress!:T

:j
    Trying to learn something new every day.

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals